Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Internet on The Xbox 360!

Default Internet on The Xbox 360!

For years man has wondered how do I get Internet on my Xbox 360? Today you will need to look no further! I have found a way to have a Internet browser run on the Xbox 360 without no illegal modifications! You must have the following for this to work:

An Xbox 360 with a Internet Connection (Duh!)
    Windows OS (XP SP2, Vista)
    Windows Media Center hooked up
    Steps to follow:

Install Windows Media Center Extender on your Xbox 360 using the following guide
    Download and install this program
    Once the program is installed check to see it works fine on your PC by doing the following:
    Open up Windows Media Center
    Scroll over to “Online Media” and enter the “Program Library” Menu
    The first program you see their should be called “Browser”, enter it and test it out!
    4. Repeat the process on your Xbox 360

Their you have it, a web browser for your Xbox 360, have fun! I have not tested out everything in the browser yet but at least it works! I don’t see why Microsoft would say anything since we are not modifying anything.

The “PC world” knows about this program and its wonders, so I am assuming someone may have tried it on a Xbox 360 already. But a majority of Xbox 360 owners are clueless.

Just a tip: To type press “Y” to open up a virtual Keyboard, maybe a real one will work as well.

Full Article

Please Digg This

So what are your thoughts?

interesting, kinda reminds me of WebTV doing this. ill have to try this later.

Wow people have responded to this in pretty mixed ways on my blog and on the Digg comments thing.

Let me clarify something, IT DOES NOT STREAM THE BROWSER TO YOUR XBOX,

nice find im gonna give this a try later

I thought this thread would have errupted with comments since people were asking for it, hmm.

Thanks, I am trying to get this to work but I find Windows Media Centre infuriating to use so I am having a rotten time getting it to work.

I set up my connection to Windows Media centre when I first got my XBox and found it fairly awful and haven't touched it since. Now when I try to use it it says it cannot detect my Media Centre PC, although I haven't changed any network settings on my PC or XBox since I last used Media Centre about 18 months ago.

Try installing the extender again, maybe the right files were deleted.

DCEmu Newbie

Well thanks Elven6 for the info but I would have wanted the 360 to be a stand alone web browser not one that needs to be connected to my PC. Hence my lack of interest.

Of course speaking only for myself here but....
    If my PC is on I'll use that instead. My PC doesn't have WMC either and I'll be dammed if I can be bothered to add it just to basically add a wallpaper or a FEW music files on my HUGE 20Gb HDD.

"Just link my "on" pc to my "on" 360 so that I can do SOME PC things on my 360 - thanks but no thanks! 360 for games only, PC for games and everything else in my world...
    Last edited by ketchup; May 5th, 2008 at 23:08.

could never get the wmc to connect to my 360. But im with ketchup on this one, its kinda useless if you have your 360 and pc in the same room.

use tversity if you want easy streaming media to ur 360/ps3

browser wont install because my pc isnt media center edition.
    and yes i can view my movies via media player sharing.
    why o why the hell didnt ms give us a browser. its a simple adition and seeing as the interface is partially web based it would make sense to have one but no - a browser would be unthinkable for ms after the legal issues over internet explorer. /rant

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information