Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo DS Homebrew FAQ/Guide

DCEmu Newbie

my ds touchscreen has become uncaliberated over time and the calibration wont work. ive flashed my ds using flashme and i was wondering is there an update or something to resolve this?

Smile I Need help bad, with the Max Media 4GB.

HI I'm super new to Dsemulation world, i just got the Media player with 4gb and was reading on the website that you can play some emulation on here
    I would like some help on how you can play SNES games on the DS. Thanks in advace.

HI! I AM SO NEWBIE but i want to know IF i was to get a brand new DS LITE right now, WHAT are the exact things i must get in order to get my dslite to run a homebrew game on a super card?? i read up on many things but there are so many things iam over confused now. could someone give me a simple list of what i need to get it running? supercard? SD CHIP? IS superPASS KEY AND SUPERPASS the same thing? different?? Do i need a linker?? whats a linker do? does it update my ds?? please give me a simple list of what i need in order to get everything working.

Hi, again with a newbie bit. I'm thinking about getting a DS Lite at some point. I may, instead, go for a GP2X due to its homebrew base, so I have a few homebrew-specific and general questions I'd like to ask. I'm not able to create a new topic in this forum, so I figured I'd post it here. I'd like to thank whoever replies in advance, and I hope I don't sound like a total moron:

Homebrew:
    1. SD / CompactFlash cards. How much can the SuperCard DS Lite/Passcard 3 address? Can it use an entire 4GB SD/CF card? Is there any difference in recognition of different brands? Is it necessary to have the bootcart inserted to boot to homebrew, or is that only for (pirated) commercial NDS games?

2. How are multiple applications on the same card handled? Is there a menu system, or does there need to be a separate card per program?

3. What about a 4GB DS-X? Are they recommended (in total, they seem to cost less than purchasing an SD/CF card, reader/writer, and SuperCard)? EDIT: Apparently it's not 4GB, it's 4Gb, which makes it 512MB. Nevermind.

4. What media players are recommended? What formats do they support? .MP3 is OK, but .OGG, .AAC/.M4A, .WMA, etc would be nice. What about the video player? How well does that work? Is there a limit to the length of the video (assuming there is enough space on the card)? How well does the SWF player work?

5. Emulators. Is there an NES emulator to the point of, for example, full speed/sound with fair compatibility? Genesis? SNES? This is fairly important.

Generic:

6. Is there a North America release date on the web browser?

7. What is the Wi-Fi gaming / communication like? Is it generally stable?

8. Stupid question: Is it a bad idea to spray paint the casing with plastic paint? If not, is it generally non-harmful for the DS to place an adhesive printed overlay over the shell? I would like to personalize the DS rather than simply going with the shiny white look.

9. Does the DS Lite come with an AC adaptor? I've read that it isn't compatible with the GBA adaptor and that it's a problem for some.

10. Final question: DS or DS Lite? I've got large hands and found handling the DS with stylus-intensive games to be an act of futility and generally very awkward. Is the DS Lite, with the larger stylus, any better? Is the screen sharper as well as brighter? How about durability? Is it quite as durable as the DS was? Are the screens prone to scratching or loss of calibration?

Thanks for all the links, but, could someone please give me a link showing how to make ur DS homebrew and Bakcup ready? please.

hey guys and gals...

which of the supercard adapters (flash type) won't stick out of my nintendo ds lite, even with the flash card in it?

also.. is there anyone around Manchester with a superpasskey willing to do me a paid favour?

cheers guys
    danny xx

DCEmu Old Pro The Hombrew Hunter's Avatar

How come...my guide was ignored...?

Well, if anyone needs something answered that's not on Wragg's guide, ask me on my guide.

sorry i meant SD Type not Flash type...

DCEmu Newbie

Default homebrew

ok

here goes,

i would like to play homebrew,snes,nes,genesis and backed up nds & gba games alongwith movies and mp3's (dont want much do i )

please can somebody let me know what hardware would be best to buy.

ta in advance

digger

Quote Originally Posted by diggert
    ok

here goes,

i would like to play homebrew,snes,nes,genesis and backed up nds & gba games alongwith movies and mp3's (dont want much do i )

please can somebody let me know what hardware would be best to buy.

ta in advance

digger
    http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthr...800#post217800

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information