Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: CaSTaway/PSP v005 released!

DCEmu Newbie

my tos.rom is in games-Folder. When i started the emu i got the File-Selector. After selecting and insrting Disc, the Emu hangs completly (only removing the Battery will help). Same with pressing select or start -> the emu hangs...

Help?

Runs on 1.50. Tried to xopy the folders directly and with SeiPSP, no succes!

Does it say something about not finding the tos.rom and thus not working right?

Make sure its in the AtariST directory and named exactly right.

jeff

DCEmu Newbie

Hi
    itīs named exactly right, and no: the EMu hangs immediately after inserting a disc or pressing select/starrt, no msg. because of a missing tos.rom

DCEmu Regular

J:\PSP\GAME\ATARI_ST is that how your directory tree is,with all your games in and the TOS rom?

If you get no 'missing TOS' warning, then perhaps its just a bad TOS; make sure its unzipped Try TOS 1.02 US for best results, but many others will work; but don't try TOS2 or TOS3 or the like. Perhaps I should test TOS version and emit a warning if incompatible..

jeff

CaSTawayPSP%
    CaSTawayPSP
    ATARI_ST

Are All 3 folders named Right

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by skeezix
    Well, obviously the MIDI apps won't be of much use since theres no MIDI ports on a PSP Further, Cubase and Notator generally require high res only.. I don't recall if I set up high res mode on this build.

Many trackers were made by demo crews and as such are too 'evil' internally to run under a lot of emus, including the emu core currently used. But try later, as i'm working on additional emu cores. Still, a lot of demos and trackers may be 'too much'. (They're usually much more complex than real games!)

Some trackers would be written more normally and should work fine. ie: TCB Tracker is likely all demo'd out, but others may not be.

I know Quartet works okay (or did at some point), though its not strictly a tracker per se since it doesn't do mod files.. it uses music notation and its own file format.

jeff

did anybody ever find out if ANY trackers work in this emulator? it would be amazing to have a mod tracker on psp! i really need a music creation tool on the road

A few people wrote to me noting that a number of tracks worked okay, but sound was a little hissy or poppy due to my $#@!ty sound drivers

Its been crazy busy the last month or so and so Iv'e not done updates, but I may do some updates in the next few weeks..

jeff

DCEmu Newbie

Been playing around with this emu past few days and does it have a tendency to freeze up the PSP with any of you guys ? I'm getting quite a few lock-ups when just testing games out on it and have to hard-reset the PSP.

Could it be down to the tos.rom I'm using or is stability a known issue with this version of the emu ?

On another note, its cool to be able to play stuff like Operation Stealth on it after all these years; loved that game, though never did manage to finish it

Some games cause a freeze .. not a perfect emulation, though I find many of the freezes are when it runs certain games after already having run certain others.. ie: the 'reset' isn't quite correct in my code I think, so that it buggers things up. (Most notable is after you've been through a few reset+games, the joystick or mouse stops responding. But reboot the PSP and fire the game up and it works fine.)

So a few bugs still in there

jeff

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information