Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: CaSTaway/PSP v005 released!

The GEM-style picker .. enlarging it doesn't do a lot (excdept more vertical space); I could add the file size as a third column, just to be more GEM like, but it woudln't really help anyone :P I guess it could get more game-listing in though, which would be helpful. (You can always do a disk lookup to find out more from the database.)

I'll have to check my Oids .. how far in? right away or a level or two in?

jeff

DCEmu Newbie

oids takes a while to get past the title screen. think F1 helps.

I sort of glide down from the mother ship and have a bit of a thrust about then WHAM the ship flies off to the right into a mountain.

just found the vectronix crack will try that now

emulator seems solid atm

Hi, thanks for the update.

But i have a problem with this release (i used the 005 version and even the GP32 one without problems):
    I have a fat PSP 3.71M33-3. I put both folders in \PSP\GAME and the TOS.ROM in the ATARI_ST folder.

After starting the emu, the index is build and i can select an image file to run. But after pressing X or O, a box appears and says "TOS.Rom not found".
    That is strange, as i used the US 1.02 without any problems in previous releases.
    The TOS file and the images are all unzipped in the ATARI_ST folder.

I even switched kernel mode in the M33 mode, same results with 1.5 and 3.71 kernel.
    I have no clue where the problem is, I need help.
    (And btw, is the ATARI_ST folder really nessesary? It leaves this corrupted files icon in the PSP menu...)

DCEmu Newbie

O-BAKE

sounds like a tos.rom problem as homebrew is working to get the error.

I have the same setup as you but the emu works fine.

Have you rename the tos.img to tos.rom?

In recovery my homebrew thing is set to 3.71 kernel

castaway and atari folders are in /psp/game/

Aes, everything is setup this way. And the TOS.ROM is tested and working, as i told.
    If i remove the TOS.ROM, the emu gives this error dialog directly after it starts.
    But in my case, the dialog appers after i chose a disk. And that is somehow strange.

DCEmu Newbie

can you get to gem desktop if you dont delect a game and press x?

where is your tos.rom exactly?

The TOS.ROM is in the ATARI_ST folder.
    And the emu freezes by pressing X or O in the disk-browser.
    I'll try a few things later today and i switch to the new thread, if the problem stays.
    Thanks anyways.

Great to play some old ST games, although I am finding that many do not work, for example Turrican 2 gives me just a fuzzy screen whereas Bubble Bobble works fine. Probably something I'm doing wrong. I'm on 3.52 M33-4 using US 1.02 TOS.ROM.

Correction they do work see below

compatibility is good, but not perfect; the emu was written for speed for low end devices.. it sacrifices a lot to get there, but compatibility slowly increases. Try other versions though .. some hack groups cracks might work while others not. the booters they use can be pretty stressful to the emulation and some cause problems. ie: Dungeon Master is screwy in some crack groups, but a rip of the original disks.. no problem.

jeff

Well indeed I was doing something wrong. For others that are new to this here are some tips. When you load a game it may not load automatically. You may need to open a the disk folder on the atari st desktop screen and click the game file to load it. Also many games are cracked so you may get a messy screen or more likely a crack group promotion screen. Just press select to bring up the keyboard and press space to get past these and into the game. This may be obvious to most but was not to me. Great emulator!:thumbup:

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread Information