Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: CaSTaway/PSP v005 released!

DCEmu Newbie

Default castaway is still a blastaway!

I was playing goldrunner and pysgnosis barbarian the other day and was wondering if this emulator was still being worked on, it really does run well on the psp but the menu's are very tiresome! it seems such a shame, I really loved my atari st, I couldn't afford an Amiga but my ST served my hunger.

Just starting my dungeon master days again!

Thanx for this emulator, please keep her going

DCEmu Newbie

Any news? update or anything?

I've been playing kick off 2 final whistle which is playing well.

Does the emu run at 333Mhz if i've got it set in the XMB?

I'm on 3.52 m33 btw

DCEmu Newbie

Default castaway psp 3.71 m33

Castaway PSP no longer works with the latest m33 firmware.

I guess its because it launches in 1.50 which is no longer available.

Perhaps you can release an update?

The emu works for me on my PSP-fat, with not-quite-the-latest M33.

I've not looked into what is realyl different in the latest M33's, or what is different on the Slim.

ie: If 1.50 execution isn't available, what is the implication? ie: I would assume we'r estill running in kernel mode or we'd be in serious crap, so whats the problem?

What happens when you run? just device reboot?

I do know in a few of the later firmwares the pbp needs to be in a different spot than in pure 1.50 environments; ie: On current firmwares I've used, I had to move it into the rom directory if I recall right .. ther actual binary, not the kxploited one, say. But I don't recall now .. I work it out as needed and haven't written down what I did each time

If code changes are needed, I can look into it.. just need to sort out what needs doing.

jeff

I've not been fiddling with the older 005 build for awhile, so don't knwo its status on current firmwares.

I've got a new build, 006, with minor changes, coming out soon. It does work on current M33 firmware, at least. (I'm still using kxploited directories in GAME150 in M33 though, for what thats worth.)

Should be a build along soon

jeff

It's nice to ear about you again in the PSP area Skeezix. I was afraid you'd never touch again CaSTaway PSP even if it's already working nicely. So you finally upgraded your PSP, didn't you hehe.

Nope; still an original PSP (with m33 on it) .. just not a lot of free time anymore as we had a baby. But in all my free time, I still code :P

jeff

DCEmu Regular

Hello! Thank you for your great emu It's on my PSP all the time

Could you make possible that the directory where the ROM are placed is in the KXPLOITED ones? Because my PSP gives me a corrupted icon for that ATARIST in PSP/GAME dir Putting it inside the KXPLOITED dir should resolve it

Thank you again

DCEmu Newbie

Castaway now works with the 150 firmware plugin thing on the latest m33 firmware.

:thumbup:

Talking

Where can you find a 1.,50 kernel plugin for M33? (I assume it onyl works with Fat, not Slim, though eh?)

Nomatter .. I have my copy working on PSP Slim now, so I think we're good to go!

I need to do some tests .. it may be that I need to buils twice -- one for fat and one for slim now? Or will the slim one work on all (that would be ideal.)

Either way, I've fixed a few issues and got it going on 3.72 M33-2; need to fix a font rendering issue in my menus to make it look a little better and I'll get build 006 out. Have to work on some audio issues and some emulation nits I found, but with a new baby around.. I'm slowed down a lot

Build 006 is soon.. I imagine thursday!

jeff

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread Information