Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SNES9X Channel Emulator with BANNER

well those are the 3 i was on about, your right bro...but i saw your forth as well :P the wii homebrew banner on youtube! thats got me drooling! what a work of art all of theese are!
    JPaRaDoX
    I've made... NES channel with banner and... maybe he refers to Smash Bros VC injected game which I've made a banner for.
    :thumbup:
    BTW PaRaDoX LOVE THE MUSIC :thumbup:NICE NEW TOUCH!

yeohke Great work, works good, but I still can save games, the save manager report an SD error, but it loads the roms alright, I had the snes9x folder and the saves folder under that. am I missing something?

YOU CAN SAVE GAMES...
    not on the onboard sd but on a gecko SD or gamecube memory card it works fine

(i do not own a gecko so i use GC card)

here is how....go to:

SAVE MANAGER from the main menu...( hit a or 2)

then go to STATE Manager...( hit a or 2)

hit down 2 times you should have the words:
    Device: SDCard

just below that you see SDCard: Slot B
    if you hit the 2 button a few times here you will see the Memcard Slot A and MemCard Slot B options

ok now hit the 2 button untill your GC memcard options pop up that directs to the proper slot your GC memcard is in ....within your wii (thats a mouthful)

for example i use my memcard in slot A of my wii console so i set the device to MemCard Slot A before i click on the Save State option

and finally....

beelzebozo21 i have a couple of questions, both of which may have already been answered in designated positions (but i'm not entirely sure where those threads may be):

[1] how do i install the WAD? i've figured out how to do the twilight princess hack, and i managed to load snes9x manually that way.

[2] once i do get snes9x running, where should the roms on my sd-card go?

any and all assistance greatly appreciated.

ANSWERS MY FRIEND
    [1] go here and download WAD INSTALLER by Waninkoko....BOOKMARK this page http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=Homebrew_apps ....AND READ THE INFO ON THIS ONE BEFORE YOU RUN IT!

http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=H.../WAD_Installer

[2]
    snes roms Zipped or UNzipped are supported...Place your Roms in:
    SDroot:/snes9x/roms/ directory
    so open your SD card in my computer make a folder called snes9x open that folder....ok with this snes9x folder we make another new folder and we call it roms...Open this roms folder and as by now im sure you guessed place your roms in here that should do it for ya bro :P
    Last edited by PeyeRate420; May 12th, 2008 at 04:17.

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks PeyeRate420, I manage to use the state manager and save it on to the Wii SD slot. The trick is you have to save it while you are on the game. Very happy now because my SNES is back. Many thanks.

no prob any time bro

can anyone help me out? my question is on the previous page and its driving me insane because i can not find a solution to my problem anywhere.

hey did you install it via a elf loader app or the twilight hack?
    just curious? and could that be a region thing? i have a NTSC has anyone using a PAL had problems?everything ive ever gotten by the legend that is Senior JPaRaDoX! Has worked without a single flaw EVER before so i would have to guess something is missing man

so i would ask what is your FW version and have you ever tried using wad uninstaller...removing it...and then try RE installing the .WAD? just some things i would try alos for a good guide just in case check this out bro

hope that helps sorry i couldnt help more but i just havent a clue how you could go wrong if you have the channel showing up with the banner then it surely should run UNLESS

YOU DONT HAVE THE SNES9X folders installed as well?

this assumes that you have the file structure ( rom folder ect) so maybe that could play a part? idunno just some thoughts on your issue bro...

FOR STAFF and WRAGGY the head of hancho

damn wraggy i hardly ever comment over here anymore because well usually theres no need a staffer tends to have the answer but the site has a lot less people than it used to active people anyways ...or at least the wii scene compared to the psp back in the day! well im always scowering for news on all these sites for the playground so i dont mind helping out but maybe you should staff up the wii section a bit with a active wiibrew user one of these fine dcemu pro's who uses the wii all the time like Linkonworm good members who are active so they can answers those questions...

Besides the fact that im not active here all the time my gramer is bad and i hate the word Punctuation...but i cant see just watching fellow users not get answers to things you most likly havent the time to answer what with all the news posting...anyway just a thought big guy but you could use a active wii user as staff that has time to answer all the questions so we encourage all the new wiibrew users in our scene huh? thanx for reading this staff... Peyerate420/VettaCossX...
    Last edited by PeyeRate420; May 12th, 2008 at 08:11.

Just want to correct something from page 3: I'm using 2 tools from the SDK, yes.

But to use them, you have to build your own script to make it work correctly. Thats one of the tools, and the other one... there are others made by a few people that work the same way, but I work better with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by PeyeRate420 View Post
    ANSWERS MY FRIEND
    [1] go here and download WAD INSTALLER by Waninkoko....BOOKMARK this page http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=Homebrew_apps ....AND READ THE INFO ON THIS ONE BEFORE YOU RUN IT!

[2]
    snes roms Zipped or UNzipped are supported...Place your Roms in:
    SDroot:/snes9x/roms/ directory
    so open your SD card in my computer make a folder called snes9x open that folder....ok with this snes9x folder we make another new folder and we call it roms...Open this roms folder and as by now im sure you guessed place your roms in here that should do it for ya bro :P
    this worked perfectly. thank you! the emulator is fantastic.

now to go ask a couple of questions about the RIN game boy emulator. . .

no worries glad i could help out bro PaRaDoX is a awesome developer and i have a gr8 deal of respect for the man...So im very much happy to help get his projects running on your wii if anyone else has problems getting channels to install or your worried about what ones to use? just drop me a pm ill get back to you within 24 hours (usually faster)

again amazing work on the snes banner i am super impressed with the audio as a bonus too!

DCEmu Newbie

If anyone is having problems with the emu running in black & white (PAL), just go into Wii settings\Screen\ & change from 60hrtz to 50hrtz. Worked 4 me!
    Last edited by hankarlo; May 12th, 2008 at 19:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay_PaRaDoX View Post
    And DimensionT, you think Twiizers are the ONLY ones that know about these things? I'm sorry to inform you that I know perfectly what I'm playing with, and making it safe for everyone.
    Leave me alone and get a life.
    You've said that before... I'm not saying they're the only ones that know how to make channels. I'm saying they know more about the risks and responsibilities then you do. Going on a mad channel releasing spree when the impact is unknown is really quite reckless, and is in no way good for the scene. Only point for them is for all the overly impatient people not willing to wait to boot Zelda, and not willing to wait for the official channel.

Bushing and the rest know more about what's going on in the Wii then 95% of the people around here, I'm sure no one will argue with that. When they express concern over the scene and what might happen with what they release, that gives me MUCH more reason to trust them over you.

He said himself that these channels give risks to bricking Wiis. He's even unsure what will happen when the new IOS comes with his official channel installed (with all of it's updates and security measures).

I'd much rather follow what he's saying then mess with this $#@!. I just wish more people thought the same.

Quote Originally Posted by icecoolwas View Post
    Whats the point? There is a point, so the majority of us can have a channel instead of going through 4 mins of time wasting every time we want to play a snes game.

not only that he is releasing ideas to other devs that could make a massive impact on the homebrew scene, they are only a few wii homebrew developers, and i think you should be supporting them not trying to scare them off. Infact id like to see you try to convert a App to a channel with a banner, go on I'll be waiting.
    Four minutes? Oh noes! That's way too long!

You missed my point completely. The OFFICIAL channel is being released shortly, which has support for multiple emulators/homebrew in one channel. Which makes doing a channel for each and everything completely pointless. Even more so when a new version of the emulator/homebrew gets updated.

And why would I want to make my own channel? It's pointless, remember?

Quote Originally Posted by misticknight View Post
    did he really say that? last i heard he said he doesn't know when it'll be released but if he's saying not to long now thats great news, i cant wait to use the channel.
    Yeah he did. This is what he said when I asked what his opinion on these channels was....

"I’m not a big fan of them, because we put those time limits on them for a reason — we didn’t want people to keep using them because they weren’t done, and we (hadn’t/)haven’t done much testing with IOS37 to make sure there would be no problems.

We’ve done some more testing and no longer have any specific reason to think IOS37 will brick Wiis that have a “custom” channel installed — unless something changes — so we will be releasing the “real” homebrew channel shortly. I promise it’ll be less butt-ugly than the demo!"

And that was more then two weeks ago.

The video is here: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/sho...d.php?t=110452
    Last edited by DimensionT; May 12th, 2008 at 19:42.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information