Thread: Game Review: The World Ends With You (DS)

NDS Game Review: The World Ends With You (DS)

The world ends with who... me... not uh.... Really?

Information about the game:
    The World Ends With you is a Single player Nintendo DS Role-Playing Game published by Square Enix and Developed by the Kingdom Hearts Team and Square Enix, Jupiter. Single player Game

Plot Synopsis:
    You take on the role of Neku Sakuraba as he wakes up with little memory, to find he is a part of a mysterious game constructed by a group known as the Reapers.

Overview:
    In this game, you are basically thrown into a strange world, with nothing left to do except fight. To beat the game, you have to survive all 7 days with your partner, Shiki Misaki, and do whatever it takes to not get"erased" (there form of getting killed). The Combat system in this game is very unique in the fact that you are controlling 2 characters at once (One character for each screen) And may seem to be overwhelming at first, but in time you seem to get used to it. On The top screen, you got a Dance Dance Revolution style game-play to attack, while on the bottom, you get to slash away "noise" (or enemies) with your stylus. Another interesting feature is the pin system. The pin system is where you collect all types of pins that give you diffrent types of attacks, but you can only have a certain amount working at once. I like the idea, and it is fun to collect all the pins. The Game seems to me like a more modern Kingdom Hearts on the edge. In this game it will cuss and the main character seems to be a little dark himself.

Graphics:
    Graphics in this game are a little So-So. Character design and just the art in the game is really well done, but when you control the character on the streets, it is VERY pixalated. The thing is, while in combat the game looks like a solid DS game. Nevertheless, Do not buy the game if you are looking for Crazy High-Def amazing graphics, cause you are not going to find it here.

Sound: Well, other then the fact that the music is annoying Japanese songs that will play over and over and OVER again, Sound is good. The SFX are pretty superb in battle.

Replay Value: On a bored weekend and I am craving RPG goodness, I will give it another play through. The game itself is addicting.

Overall: The Game is fun, addicting and new, which will give RPG gamers a new look at what they have seen in RPG's so far. The new combat system makes the game unique by itself, if you guys don't count the Edgy-ness of the game unique too. Though Sound and graphics are sub-par, you will come to look over these things for a solid game with a great story and great gameplay. Despite the few problems in the game, I would say go ahead and buy it!

Story 5/5
    Sound 3.5/5
    Graphics 3/5
    Gameplay 5/5

Last edited by bandit; December 15th, 2008 at 00:37.

I got this last week and played it all the way through, absolutely great little game, didn't have too much trouble with it until I got to the very last boss, ridiculously hard, but managed it in the end.
    Good game, good story, play mechanics are fun and the ending is not a let down (as some games and films are).
    Overall I would say it was worthy of a 91% mark

Mike..

A very intriguing game, I am looking forward to getting it now.

thanks

Glad You guys enjoyed the game review

Reviews Webmaster/Reviewer bandit's Avatar

Keep it up! The more, the better!
    Follow us (1KIND Photography): Website | YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
    Follow Us (DCEmu Reviews): YouTube | Facebook | Twitter

Interesting review.

Here's hoping SquareEnix brings out more goodness on DS and PSP that isn't final fantasy for a while.

By the makers of Kingdom Hearts you say? hmmm..........sounds interesting.

looking forward to it.

DCEmu Pro

i think i might try it out now.

Thread Information