Thread: PSP Slowing Down for No Reason. Help?

Default PSP Slowing Down for No Reason. Help?

My PSP has been lagging a lot lately. It take forever to access any folders in Photo or Music or anything similar. It won't let me view pictures on it at all either. The only thing that doesn't lag is the actual gameplay. When I stat up a game, everything is fine. I should also mention reseting my PSP by taking out the battery an' turning it back on returns it to normal for about 3 seconds - then it goes back to lagging.

I've tried seeing if it was the memory care - by taking it out - and the files on the memory card (I transerred everything to my computer and reformatted the memory card). I even tried seeing if the battery was the issue by playing with the battery taken out and plugged into the charger.

I don't think it should be doing this - the system isn't even a year old. Can anyone tell me what's wrong and how to remedy it?

What are your firmware version ? The latest versions are slower or even incompatible with some memory sticks... if you are using custom fimrware you can install the Dark Alex fatsmod patch to solve it... but if you are in official Sony firmware you should wait until they solve these problem...

I have the custom firmware (3.71 M33). I'll try installing the patch then. Thank you.

Thread Information