Thread: Game Review: Defend Your Castle (WiiWare)

Rev Game Review: Defend Your Castle (WiiWare)

Published by: XGen Studios
    Developed by: XGen Studios
    Genre: Action
    Number of Players: 1-4
    price: $5.00

the explanations are simple, but pretty to look at

OVERVIEW:
    In this game, your goal is to defend your castle by killing the enemies that will be coming at you from the left, to do so, you need to upgrade you castle's strength, number of healers, mages, archers, and off course, you must have a steady and quick hand to launch up those little demons with their shenanigans.

Gameplay: 4/5
    This game has a surprisingly deep game play.
    you start out with JUST your square shaped hand (that is what i can make of it, it may be something else ) and you grab enemies and throw them up, or down, fast enough to kill them, so far so good huh? but there is more, as you progress through the game, you will get new powers such as a bucket of paint in which you can drop enemies in, and they will shortly after become your allies, etc.

Tho it is too bad that on the later levels you NEED others to come and join you, otherwise you will be stuck on the same level for hours until you level up one or more of your powers to a certain point.

Graphics: 4/5
    This game has horrible graphic, fortunately, they were meant to be bad, so that makes them good
    and it DOES fall pretty easy on your eyes, and you will also appreciate the fact that as the sun sets, you get a nice twilight looking effect, the clouds are held by string and they move quite fast, and the characters have pretty good animation.

Sound: 3/5
    I enjoyed the song from the title screen, and even tough some sound effects fit perfectly with the games unique art style, when you get farther into the game, a constant screaming sound begins to crawl on your ear, and it wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't the same two screams EVERY TIME over, and over, and over. again!

Multiplayer: 4/5
    Even tough the first 12 levels would not be hard to a three year old, when you go into the thirties, you WILL need a friend to tag along with you, and if one friend isn't enough, how about two more? that's right! this game can be played with up to four players!

Price: 5/5
    This amazing game is only $5! making it one of the cheapest games on the wii right now, yet, has a higher quality then most full priced games on the wii.

Replay value: 5/5
    Although not much changes on the second play through, that is not necessarily a bad thing, the game is complex enough to be played in a slightly different way, but simple enough to remind you that if you have ten minutes in the morning before you go to school or work, this game will be your best choice.

Control: 5/5
    Not much to say here, unlike the flash version of this game where you can constantly miss the enemie's head or don't throw them hard enough to kill them, this issue has been fixed on the wii version, the only times you might miss your oponent is when you have 25 guys on-screen at once, and you are just wildly swinging your wii-mote up and down while quickly tapping the "A" button hoping to throw some of those little guys around.

CONCLUSION:
    This game is worth getting if you are looking to buy a wiiware title, but don't want to spend a whole lot, it has great replay value, and i asure you, it will not grow boring if you have friends to play it with.

final score:

PLEASE TAKE ONE: my review survey!
    Last edited by bandit; December 16th, 2008 at 20:43. Reason: Eddited to strictly follow the rules of the contest.

yup, this game is surprizingly good, i love the multiplayer, and this is wiiware, not virtual console, wiiware are brand new games, virtual console are old games.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by fg-54 View Post
    yup, this game is surprizingly good, i love the multiplayer, and this is wiiware, not virtual console, wiiware are brand new games, virtual console are old games.

well so far this has been one of the only few good games out on wiiware.

Quote Originally Posted by DDRmantis View Post
    well so far this has been one of the only few good games out on wiiware.
    I agree, there are not many good wiiware games out, I wish they would release beter ones.

Thread Information