Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: DownGrader for V2.00 to V1.50 is Released

PSP User

I just did it, and it worked for me! Hey, I have a question. If the new white PSPs come with 2.0, doesn't that mean you could theoretically have a white PSP running homebrew?

hey I'm thinking of upgrading to check out the 2.0 webrowser and stuff, and then downgrading again. Question -

I have a US 1.5 PSP, will the eboot provided work fine?

and

Would you reccomend this or would you say "Don't frippin touch it, leave it alone, it's not worth the risk"

?

Ok, I REALLY dont wanna mess this up, so I'm gonna ask some very n00by questions. Sorry in advance. Ok, when it tell you to copy certain files to the "root" of the memory stick, what does that mean? Also, when it says "unpack MPHDowngrader.zip" what does that specifically mean? Sorry again for asking stupid questions, but you really cant be careful enough when you're dealing with something so risky. Thanks for your help!

DCEmu Newbie

i just downgraded my japanese 2.0 to 1.5 without any problems.

so is there any chance of a 1.5 to 1.0 downgrader? so i don't need to bother with anything tricky to run homebrew?

Just read the instructions that are in the downgrader.
    Anyone could do it.
    Just print the instruction and read them until you understand them.

Have fun in the Homebrew and emulator world . PS :Use the wab changer to trick your new 1.50 PSP to 2.00 and enjoy all the new Psp Games and the hombrew

Default If it ain't broke

Quote Originally Posted by Datahax
    hey I'm thinking of upgrading to check out the 2.0 webrowser and stuff, and then downgrading again. Question -

I have a US 1.5 PSP, will the eboot provided work fine?

and

Would you reccomend this or would you say "Don't frippin touch it, leave it alone, it's not worth the risk"

?
    there's an old saying

"If it ain't broke don't fix it"

DCEmu Regular

Just get PSPBrew. It's far better than Kxploit. I upgraded from 1.0 to 1.5 and love it all the same. Save yourself the hassle, and just try psp brew. It seriously takes 10 seconds. Also I'm glad that this downgrader finally happened so everyone can finally play homebrew stuff and also people will finally stop complaining. Now we get to look forward to all the kiddies saying "This emulator is slow. Why doesn't XX game work? When will GBA emulation be playable? Why is n64 not emulated yet?" Anyways this is still good news I guess. Glad people finally get a chance to play quality stuff on the psp next to some good UMD games.

Yes but they will still need the Wab Changer to play the newest PSP games that require the UPgrade.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ataribob
    Yes but they will still need the Wab Changer to play the newest PSP games that require the UPgrade.
    No You Dont!!!!!! Waggster needs to post this on the main page!

If you have an older game that doesnt require a firmware update (tony hawk, wipe out, ect ect) you have the ability to preform a UMD swap trick. It's alot like the original swap-ploit trick we had to do with the with the ms duo's to play home brew before the "%" trick was discovered

Heres what you do. Take a older game on UMD that doesnt require a firmware update to play it. Pop it in. Go to the game icon on your PSP. Launch the UMD game. The white screen comes up wth the PSP logo. Eject the UMD game from the PSP before this animation is over- you have a few seconds dont fret. Place in a game like Madden 06 or Coded arms, or Whatever game it is you want to play that requires a firmware update in order to play it. Tada! it is now loading. Dont mess with that WAB crap anymore then you have to. This way is pretty easy and I'm sure someone can make a msduo command to exacute a partial iso faked save file, with out the need for this swap trick.

Default The hard way

Quote Originally Posted by phantomk
    No You Dont!!!!!! Waggster needs to post this on the main page!

If you have an older game that doesnt require a firmware update (tony hawk, wipe out, ect ect) you have the ability to preform a UMD swap trick. It's alot like the original swap-ploit trick we had to do with the with the ms duo's to play home brew before the "%" trick was discovered

Heres what you do. Take a older game on UMD that doesnt require a firmware update to play it. Pop it in. Go to the game icon on your PSP. Launch the UMD game. The white screen comes up wth the PSP logo. Eject the UMD game from the PSP before this animation is over- you have a few seconds dont fret. Place in a game like Madden 06 or Coded arms, or Whatever game it is you want to play that requires a firmware update in order to play it. Tada! it is now loading. Dont mess with that WAB crap anymore then you have to. This way is pretty easy and I'm sure someone can make a msduo command to exacute a partial iso faked save file, with out the need for this swap trick.
    That's the hard way.
    The wab changer you run once to change your firmware to 2.0 then leave it at 2.00 and delete the program.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information