Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: DownGrader for V2.00 to V1.50 is Released

jaja

i hope thats the way it goes
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianCheese
    Poll: Downgrader bricks!

Downgrader did not brick: about 100,000
    Downgrader did brick: about 0

There you have it. Of course, you are all going to hate me now, but who cares! So far there have been no reports of PSP bricking due to the downgrader. Eh-O.K.

DCEmu Newbie

My props go out to MPH and everyone else responsible for making this a reality. I haven't had this much fun with my PSP since I bought it, and I'm sure there are plenty of other people around here that feel the same way.

But anyway, here's a couple of screenshots showing off some SNES action. I'm so glad I can finally do this.

WOOT!
    WOOT2!

Quote Originally Posted by IndianCheese
    why did it say "X Back" on the video? shouldn't it say "O Back" like on mine?
    I dunno. It is a japanese PSP, maybe that's it. On my black "normal" PSP with 1.50, japanese too it is X Back too.

Default Sad!!!

seem like i got the same pb with launching game:
    i did like the instruction said the firmware version is the 1.50 but i still cant launch any emulator or homebrew even not a demo homebrew
    i have an european psp when i bought it it was 1.52 firmware and its a 1004 model
    when i try o launch a game i have the 80020001 error message

do u have any idea ???PLZ!!!!!!!

Default battery problems... but it works!!!

Ok... I tried once... said battery was too low to do it.

Took battery out... put AC adapter in.

Still gave me the "battery is too low" message.

Charged battery to 100% kept ac adapter in with battery after charging... it finally worked.

Said upgrade failed when it was done. Did a cold reboot. Came up fine and and I had to set all of my settings again like time, date, nickname, as if I took it out of the box and it were 1.5.

I did this test on a new Japan White 2.0 PSP.

I already own a black 1.5 US PSP. I need to sell it now. Me and my impulse buying.

DCEmu Newbie

This might be a noob question, and this might have already been addressed under this topic but I didn't see it

My only concern is that the 1.50 EBOOT.PBP that I have under the readme.txt states its the Japanese version. Now will this create region problems when trying to play American UMD movies?

The first part of the second question can be answered with just a yes or no - is there an American dump of the 1.50 firmware, and does it even matter.

As the Rock would say... it doesn't matter what kind of PSP you use the downgrader on!

There are no region problems... no language problems... you can reupgrade back to 2.0 if you feel like then back down to 1.5 if you want.

You can use a wab version changer in your 1.5 to fool it into thinking its 1.52... 2.0 or whatever so you can play games like Madden 2006 while using a 1.5 firmware psp which mean you get to play homebrew and decent and new psp games as well.

I wish I would have found all of this before I went and bought a White PSP. Its cool though... I just have to find a way to sell my old 1.5 black psp.

The PSP was released in the USA with the 1.50 firmware. The only 1.50 update that exist is for the JAP PSP v1.0. So no there should not be a 1.50 update in US or EUR version. But I don't know what is the problem with that. If the botton switch is bothering you, you can change it. And that is the only difference.

As far as I know the region isn't stored in the firmware.

Exclamation Homebrew Will Not Work After Downgrade

Downgraded and it seems to be working fine, but no homebrew apps will work on it, or will work but very strangely. JPEG Viewer was what I wanted but it crashes as the cache skyrockets and doesn't look right at all.

I upgraded and downgraded again, still the same problem. What am I doing wrong?

I guess you can't play new games on the downgraded version? If you can, then It's gonna rock!

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread Information