Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: DownGrader for V2.00 to V1.50 is Released

Quote Originally Posted by ataribob
    Just use the wab changer and put your system at 2.00 and then delete the wab changer
    After that you can play ANYTHING!
    if you do that-use the version changer to change it to 2.0 and then delete it, and can play everything-can u still load more HB and EM that way, or just play the ones you have? I thought you had to put the changer back down to 1.5 again in order load new stuff?

sorry if someone has asked this already, i havent seen the answer to this quest.

DCEmu Regular

you need to search the forum. the answer is here, just not in this thread.

wel, until now anyway. The version changer doesn't really upgrade your PSP, it just makes it SAY that it's a version 1.0 or 2.0. even while it says 2.0, it's still really a 1.5 and you can play the newer games and your home brew apps at the same time. No need to upgrade and downgrade all of the time

OK now im having a small problem with playing umd disks after the downgrade to 1.5 it wont play umd movies aneymore. i update back to 2.0 and they work fine any ideas on how to fix this?

Default help

i'm having trouble getting the downgrade on my psp can someone help me please? i have the eboot 1.50 and i have the downgrader zip but it won't work please help.

Quote Originally Posted by silentgamer
    i'm having trouble getting the downgrade on my psp can someone help me please? i have the eboot 1.50 and i have the downgrader zip but it won't work please help.
    whats the problem exactly? dont forget to unzip everything, i know that sounds obvious, but unzip everything..the first time I forgot to unzip the files because i was so nervous and almost bricked my PSP , i smacked myself in the head..anyway unzip it all, then you need to follow the instructions to the letter. if youre still having problems, then at what point of the process isnt it working for you, and what happens?

I've been using homebrew emu's for a while now. The community is great and has extended the life of my psp ten fold. I downloaded the 2.0 update from Sony's website today for a friend who has 1.51, but does anyone know if the update stops the downgrade from happening? Because this downgrade is all over the net, im just worried that sony may have added some extra code.

Has anyone download the update via the internet recently. I just don't want to risk my friends psp. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GizmoSan
    I've been using homebrew emu's for a while now. The community is great and has extended the life of my psp ten fold. I downloaded the 2.0 update from Sony's website today for a friend who has 1.51, but does anyone know if the update stops the downgrade from happening? Because this downgrade is all over the net, im just worried that sony may have added some extra code.

Has anyone download the update via the internet recently. I just don't want to risk my friends psp. thanks
    I would guess that it would be safe.. for now.. but i recomend you grab it within the next couple of days. fixing that TIFF exploit is apparently a very simple job for sony.

Okay, I have THIS Problem and it makes me really angry:

I know, that it's normal that the PSP shows this weird white text on the black screen, but it won't go away, yesterday I waited about 2 hours and it did not stop! After 6 Minutes the screen turns black, but if I hit a button, the text comes back, I can't switch it off, I have to remove the battery pack. After this, everything is as it's explained in the readme (blue screen with warning and so on), and the PSP also says, that it's 1.50, but the Emulators don't work! Can anybody please help me??

It worked for my orignal release Jap machine. Here's my experience in case it helps anyone:

Had a Jap v1.00 upgraded to 1.50, then 2.00. Following the instructions as far as loading up the overflow tif which is meant to give a black screen with white text. I DIDN'T get that, my machine just froze on the picture selection bit on the homepage. I left it 30 seconds then took the battery out (and AC lead) + put it back in. I noticed in the root of my memory stick the backup file and also my PSP was saying it was V1.00 !! Then I used the 1.50 update and all went according to instructions after that. Been playing emu's ever since

So, I did NOT get the black screen with crazy text, but the exploit still worked. It goes to show that it is worth checking to see if the ms0:/index.dat.bak file was created, and also checking the firmware version in the system properties to see if it thinks it is a v1.00.

Thanks to everone who made this possible. I'm confused about who this might be but thanks all the same!

Quote Originally Posted by GizmoSan

I did on wednesday without problems.

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information