Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: DownGrader for V2.00 to V1.50 is Released

for people having trouble w/ this, i would recommend the guide here, as its the most easy and complete guide ive found so far http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=11365
    heh, congratz to all those finally getting to play homebrew on psp,
    now a rush of new people to the homebrew community^^

and i have read positive feedback on the wab version changer, as it doesnt require much hassle of the swap trick, and is less dangerous that popping out the drive and quickly swapping every time you want to play a new game, and it doesnt require you to have a 1.5 game umd you arent going to play(or dont have) at hand.
    it works like the 2.0 downgrade exlpoit, or anyways the 2.0 downgrade exploit works kind of like it, as it was released first.
    it makes the psp think that is is a higher version that it is and allows the games to run, while still happily on a psp with 1.5 firmware

DCEmu Newbie

This is a glorious day for the PSP

DCEmu Newbie

I dont trust WAB's code to be honest. People said that after running the updater to say 1.51 that they couldnt upgrade to the 2.0 legit firmware because it would crash at 99%. Also how is this trick hard? You have time, once you have the knack- it's pretty hard to get the error code. Also I'm willing to bet if someone ripped a manipulated save game file to the msdou and tinked with it, it could be used as a launcher. It would have to be from a non firmware game I think. I have a pristine 1.5 and I personally dont want to put it thorugh any kind of risk. I got this trick down pat- It's not that hard at all. Also the UMD drive spins the disc around once, reads the AES key and then the umd symbol comes up in the menu. This drive doesnt spin when the white PSP logo animation is launched so it's about as harmful as clicking open the dvd tray lid on your flip top dvd player when the disk is stopped or the device is shut off. Listen to the drive if you dont believe me.

there is no risk it wont brick your psp what a bunch of dumb ass questions

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by grayjaket
    ok..ive followed all the intstructions TO THE LETTER yet everytime i try to run the "update" it says "The game could not be started." (80029148).

help?
    ^^^^

Yeah... this great news comes on the day that I receive my new White 2.0 PSP.

I bought it cause its white and cause I wanted to play madden 2006 because you have to upgrade to play it and I didn't want to upgrade my 1.5 black psp to stupid 1.52.

So hear I am with 2 psp's. What should I do now? I'm gonna try to sell one now that I know that I can safely step back to 1.5 now.

GEEEEZZZ WHY COULDN't THIS HAVE HAPPENED A FEW DAYS EARLIER???

STUPID MADDEN FOR PSP!! WHY??

im in practically the same situation as you pepsolman, with only slightly different reasons
    either way, im stuck w/ 2 psp's, a 1.5, and a 2.0 i havent bothered to downgrade yet, but will if one of my friends decided they want one

DCEmu Newbie

THIS WORKS, today i used the 2.0 web broswer for the first time !!! pritty cool but then i went back to 1.5 homebrew ROCKSSSS!!!! allll this is some amezing stuff they made. MPH Your the ****ing man!!!!!!!!!!!!! KEEP IT UPP

DCEmu Rookie

so basically right now there isnt a reason to use this program if you have 1.5....what I want is to have a 2.0 but still be able to do all the homebrew/emulation stuff...I guess that should be coming soon?

DCEmu Newbie

Hello all and welcome to the world of homebrew. I've been using v1.50 on my Jap PSP for ages now and have been well impressed. Anyway I thought I'd clear a few things up.

WAB Version Changer V2
    http://www.wab.com/tools/Wab_Version_Changer_V2.rar

This works brilliantly. Basically, when you have a v1.5 psp and try to play a new game you'll get told you need to upgrade to v1.52 or above to play. If you run this program you can fool your system into thinking it is higher than v1.5 and play all new games (tested with colin mcrae, virtua tennis and toca 2) When you have done it you will notice that when you check the system settings on your PSP it will say it is on the updated firmware version. Yet when you run homebrew apps like fastloader it will tell you that you are still really on v1.5. So it appears that it just basically fools the system without updating your firmware.

So it works!

http://www.psp-hacks.com/downloads/U...ator_V0.8C.zip
    http://www.yankidank.com/article.php...50821213905170

You can use this program to launch iso images of UMD games from a memory stick. But best of all you can set your PSP to run at 333Mhz when playing games from iso images or originals from the UMD. Works brilliantly and clears up slowdown in some games like Winning Eleven 9.

To all PSP n00bs : the system is designed to run at 333Mhz but was scaled down to 222Mhz to improve battery life. I've been playing all my games at 333Mhz now for months and I can see a definate improvement over my mates 222Mhz PSP (though he'll be downgrading now to take advantage of this feature)

(Note:: Only keep iso backups of your purchased games as without supporting the industry there would be no PSP).

Anyway, hope this helps you guys.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information