Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: DownGrader for V2.00 to V1.50 is Released

DCEmu Rookie

yepo

Yes u can delete it. also the .bin stuff and the .tiff image.
    I had 2 Points where i thought i bricked "it" :
    1. After nothin happend after the overflow (after 5 Min with off-powered screenlight) -> Resolution: get off the battery
    2. After the "Upgrade failed" screen. I waited 5 Min, the get off the battery again.
    "Reboot" *switchin on again, bluescreen, 1.50. Im fine with playin Mega Man1, thanks

@heyOKE
    You will stay at your foreign language when u downlgrade. I also still have mine

Edit: Bah. Too slow typing..

DCEmu Newbie

Same happend here!Man i thought i bricked but everything worked ok in the end
    with the battery trick.

i have a USA psp that i bought on the first day it came out, with firmware 1.0. I bought a game that told me i needed to upgrade to 1.5.2 to play and like an idiot i went and did it, thinking all 1.5.x still took homebrew. i kicked myself after..
    Now I have a chance to go back, this is great news, thanks to u guys who managed this.

has anyone made this work with a USA PSP? im so scared, i dont want to end up with a "brick" we should have a poll or something that shows how many people this worked for and how many people ended up with a brick. so far, everyone i read, even those who had problems initially, have ended up with it working which is brilliant!

someone brought up an interesting point to me: has anyone tried reupgrading to 2.0 after using the downgrader?

Lets say further down the line after using this downgrader,we would like to upgrade again to 2.0 for some reason (like for example if 2.0 one day would support homebrew or whatever) , but when we tried then it didnt work because of the way we downgraded. there would be a lot of unhappy people on this forum..

Is this a valid question or am I just being paranoid? I guess Im just really concerned about doing this and Im thinking about all the "what-ifs"..

Well I answer my own question: YES it works fine with Ceramic White PSP.

Here is some proof (video playing Snes9x-TYL 0.2c and high def pictures) :
    http://msluga.free.fr/psp/

Feel free to use them.

echel0n someone brought up an interesting point to me: has anyone tried reupgrading to 2.0 after using the downgrader?
    Yeah I can confirm this I live in Cally

I actually run the 2.0 exploit twice just to be sure that the index.bin.bat file actually appears -

press down quickly after you enter the photo option in your PSP (the second time you run the overflow eploit) and you should see a black screen with some numbers on the left side (if you see this you know its ok to run the 1.5 eboot on the next restart)

I've up and downgraded like 5 times so far

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ShinSean
    Yeah I can confirm this I live in Cally

I actually run the 2.0 exploit twice just to be sure that the index.bin.bat file actually appears -

press down quickly after you enter the photo option in your PSP (the second time you run the overflow eploit) and you should see a black screen with some numbers on the left side (if you see this you know its ok to run the 1.5 eboot on the next restart)

I've up and downgraded like 5 times so far

Thanks- so that means it works both on USA PSP, AND its possible to re-upgradew/out problems. woo hoo ok, i think i got enough reviews that this works, i'm going to try it..cover me lads, i'm going in stay tuned for update!

why did it say "X Back" on the video? shouldn't it say "O Back" like on mine?
    You don't need to know my mental status. You probably don't want to, either.

September 5th, 2005:
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R
    There wont be a N64 emu on the PSP. Not one that is playable anyways.
    Need LocationFree help? Send me a PM!

Poll: Downgrader bricks!

Downgrader did not brick: about 100,000
    Downgrader did brick: about 0

There you have it. Of course, you are all going to hate me now, but who cares! So far there have been no reports of PSP bricking due to the downgrader. Eh-O.K.
    You don't need to know my mental status. You probably don't want to, either.

September 5th, 2005:
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R
    There wont be a N64 emu on the PSP. Not one that is playable anyways.
    Need LocationFree help? Send me a PM!

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread Information