Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: DownGrader for V2.00 to V1.50 is Released

DCEmu Newbie

Default Help!!!!

I need help, i have tried the downgrader program and every time i go in to the picture part it frezes and turns off. I am 99% sure i have done every thing right up to that point, i just cant understand why it frezes and then turns off. Plz Help!

hmmm, are you sure the h.bin and the index.dat file are in the root of the memory stick? I seemed to get that same problem when I unpacked the file wrong

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Zaibach333
    hmmm, are you sure the h.bin and the index.dat file are in the root of the memory stick? I seemed to get that same problem when I unpacked the file wrong
    I think its the right folder, when i connect via the usb it brings two files up, psp & mp_root. I placed the two files in question in the mp_root part. Is that correct?

DCEmu Newbie

Red face

I'm glad there is an option to go back to 1.50 from 2.0. I recently parted with my 1.50 PSP when my g/f ordered one from Ebay and the seller told her it was a 1.50, turns out it was a 1.52 that lying SOB. So I felt horrible and traded her my like new 1.50.

sounds like something I'ed do Green_Hawk.

and pickup712, I'm going to tell you the procedure just one more time incase you missed something earlier.

okay

you have a psp with the firmware of 2.0
    your memory stick should at least have this

- PSP
    - - +
    - - PHOTO
    - - - +
    - - - overflow.tif
    -
    - h.bin
    - index.dat

then, you turn on your psp and try to view photos with that stick in.

you shouldnt be able to press any buttons at this point.

once the psp restarts you try to run a 1.5 update (from a game or from an update on your stick)

if the downgrade program worked the 1.5 update program will think you have a lower version so it can <i>update</i> to 1.5. if it says you have a higher version, something went wrong.

after <i>updating</i> to 1.5 *with or without error warnings* you will have a 1.5 firmware.

tell me if ya missed anything in those steps and I hope this helps.

lovin the downgrader ive downgraded like 6 now

Default Be Carefull!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not that I do not trust the MPHDowngrader, but as I was going to place it on my PSP Norton detected it "trojan.PSPBrick" on the file and deleted it so I completely removed it from my system for fear the version of that file might brick it. I just redownloaded it again but I'm waiting to pick up a second PSP or maybe go with a GP2X instead for homebrew. $250 is too much for me to risk loosing, and the Eboot loader works fine on my 2.00 even though I used the GTA:LCS version.

was it you who posted that earlier this thread? cause... I've never come across that. but maybe if I had norton.

if you want I could give you a copy of mine, that I have used already. I'm sure it's fine.

norton does this because the downgrader accesses the firmware (so im told) but it is safe ok

DCEmu Newbie

I downgraded this 1.52 back to 1.50 after upgrading to 2.0 of course. Only problem is I killed a small pixel on the left side of the screen. Hardly noticable, but strange!

Thread Information