Thread: emulator aspect ratios?

Default emulator aspect ratios?

hello everyone, I just wanted to ask a question I've been wondering about ever since I first saw pictures of MAME being run on a PSP in a fraction of the full window size. I know most emulators are emulating games that were originally produced for a 4:3 aspect ratio, while the PSP's screen is 16:9. does anyone know if emulators will eventually be programmed to run in 16:9, or if it's not possible, why not?

DCEmu Newbie

A lot can be run in different screen resolutions, it just depends on the author.
    SNESTyl has plenty of screen modes, ranging from 1:1 (1 pixel on screen for every pixel the SNES would have) to 4:3 (it stretches the image to fit the screen's height, with black bars on the side) and full (stretches the image to the screen's full resolution.)

LIke DDRLord stated, its depends on the support the devs put into their projects. Most of the homebrew apps/emus have options for multiple screen sizes.

awesome. I didn't have mine yet (it pays to have a SonyCard credit card, I got my PSP free!)...Unfortunately, when it got here it was 1.52, but thanks to the MPHDowngrader it's now 1.5

I just thought it was kinda dumb to have all that screen and not use it, you know?

Thread Information