NESTERJ v1.07 Installation and User Guide

This guide is written for users with 1.50 firmware PSP's.

Things I use: (i wont include links to download them, because they come from other sites. I dont think that'd be appropriate.)

1.50 PSP
PC (personal computer)
USB cable for your PSP
SeiPSPTool
NesterJ emulator zip file
Roms

Please have at least the stuff listed above, or its equivalent. Install SeiPSPTool if thats what you plan on using to convert your eboots to 1.50.

Lets get started:

BASIC SETUP

First lets go ahead and connect our PSP to the computer via the USB cable, and put our PSP into USB mode.

Go ahead and extract the contents of the NesterJ zip file into whatever folder you choose. For this guide, I have extracted the zip file into C:/NesterJ/...

Next run SeiPSPTool. Click on EXPORT EBOOT, its the first icon, looks like a green cross. You'll fill in the blanks to the right.

Name = whatever you want, but keep it simple. i.e. NesterJ
PBP File = you'll use the button with the ... on it to navigate to the files you extracted a moment ago. Remember, mine was C:/NesterJ/...
PSP Unit = click the drop arrow and click on your PSP drive. You should have already put your PSP into USB mode earlier per my instructions.
Also check the white box next to "Hide Corrupted image from list"
Click on the "Generate" button. Here is a pic of what it should look like before you press "Generate"

You'll notice that your mem stick activity light starts blinking. Once its stopped, SeiPSPTool will notify you that it has installed the NesterJ emu onto your PSP.

That is it for the basic setup. You can exit SeiPSPTool.

INSTALLING GAMES

With your PSP still in USB mode, open up My Computer (on your PC obviously). Double click on your PSP drive. Open up your /PSP/GAME/ folder and you'll see the two folders you just installed, click on the one without the % sign.

Now you want to create two more folders here, see picture below:

It's pretty obvious what goes in the ROMS folder, you can leave all your games zipped up to save space.

I'll explain the GENIE folder a little more.

The GENIE folder is used for Game Genie cheats. You can simply add a text file into the GENIE folder and load it from the NesterJ menu on your PSP. What I like to do is create folders for each game that I use. Example:
/GENIE/Super Mario Bros./gamegeniecheat.txt (name this text file after the cheat)
So the final look will be like this:
/GENIE/Super Mario Bros./START_WORLD_8.txt

The actual text for your cheat would look like this: (this starts you off in world 8 of Super Mario Brothers)

YSAOPE (put 8 spaces) Start on World 8(1)
YEAOZA (put 8 spaces) Start on World 8(2)
YEAPYA (put 8 spaces) Start on World 8(3)

RUNNING NESTERJ

Lets exit out of USB mode on your PSP and disconnect the USB cable.
Next navigate to your memort stick by pressing the D-Pad 4 times to the right, and all the way down till you highlight the Memory Stick option. Press "X". You'll notice your nice blue icon that has "NesterJ" on it. Press "X" again.

Give the PSP a minute to load. The next screen you see is a black screen with a white box around it. In this box you'll see the following:

GENIE/
ROMS/
SAVE/
STATE/

Press down on the D-Pad twice to highlight the ROMS/ folder and press "CIRCLE". You should see a list of all the games that you transferred into your ROMS folder. Just scroll down with the D-pad and press "CIRCLE" to launch the game.

CONFIGURATION

Pressing the LEFT SHOULDER button on the PSP brings up NesterJ's config options. Only change something if you know what you are doing. I'll give you a few tips on how I have mine set up, but other than that, use at your OWN RISK.

Move down to "Graphics Config" and press "CIRCLE". Go to "Screen Size" and press "CIRCLE" twice. This should change from "NORMAL" to "X1.5 [4:2.8333].

Press "X". Move down to "SOUND CONFIG". Press "CIRLCE". Move down to "Sampling Rate" and press "CIRCLE" until you have it set at 44100Hz. Press "X" again.

To change the default button layout navigate to "KEY CONFIG" and press "CIRCLE". I personally have the following: (these are changed from the default, everything not listed here is left alone)

A Button : CROSS
B Button : SQUARE
A Button (Rapid): TRIANGLE
B Button (Rapid): CIRCLE
Battery Life: R (right shoulder)

When you are done, do NOT choose INTIALIZE, that reverts back to default. Select "Return to Main Menu" and press "CIRCLE".

LOADING GAME GENIE CHEATS

Start your game first, at the title screen, enter into the config menu (press LEFT SHOULDER)

Choose "LOAD CHEAT FILE(GAME GENIE)" and press "CIRCLE".
You'll see another screen similar to what you did when you first launched the emulator. Press down to highlight the GENIE/ folder and press "CIRCLE". If you have custom folders, like I do, choose what game you want to load the cheat for. Next just highlight the text file for the cheat listed, and press "CIRCLE".

You'll be brought back to the main config window now, and you'll notice at the very top of the screen it says "Apply Game Genie code(s) Successfully".

Now press down till you have Continue selected, and press "CIRCLE". Now start your game.

SUMMARY

Well, thats pretty much it. If you have any questions please post them here, or email me at [email protected] and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.