Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kurok Demo v0.1 - Goldeneye/Turok Type Game for PSP

Blog Entries

psp Kurok Demo v0.1 - Goldeneye/Turok Type Game for PSP

News/release from MDave:

Hi there, I have finally released a little project I've been working on for a while, and it should interest those that like the old Goldeneye and Turok on the N64

I know that the psp homebrew scene has slowed down a lot this year, hopefully this won't be the 'swan song' of homebrew games for the PSP, considering how much success its getting commercially these days. I suspect it has something to do with the iPhone, but that its interface while intuitive, lacks the basics like tactile buttons which makes your traditional games pretty much unplayable Anyway, back to my game :P

It's a Quake total conversion made from scratch and designed for the PSP, and includes my own heavily tweaked Quake engine which happens to be fully backwards compatible with Quake 1 and its mods.

The download and more information is on this site:

http://bladebattles.com/kurok/index.html

Hope you enjoy!

I seriously suggest playing multiplayer with friends in a map that includes remote mines, its a blast

Download Here and Give Feedback Via Comments

quick warning to people trying this, remmeber to copy the "PSP" folder AND the apropriate eboot onto your memory card.

only other thing, how do you change weapon? i cant find anything that tells me and there doesnt appear to be a button set to it.
    Last edited by Anonymous D; May 23rd, 2008 at 23:14.

PSP User

sweet. looks nice, trying it now.

EDIT: dude this is some high quality stuff, keep up the good work, very nice
    Last edited by Sp3ct0r; May 26th, 2008 at 04:47.

This is one of the best Quake mods Ive played, very impressive! Creating Quake TCs for the PSP seems like they way to go, the engine is still pretty good

While were on the subject, does anyone know where I can pick up Quake-C 1.06? I want to export a few Milk shape models as MDL's but require the .qc files...

Blog Entries

Holy crap man. Fantastic work!

Just set the change weapon in the options!

Wow, those levels really do have a Turok kind of feel to them. Giant and empty.

Not saying thats a bad thing mind you. For a one man effort, its very impressive. I dont really have any real complaints about the game itself.

I just wonder how strong the Tek Bow is. Its not too strong against the shotgun, is it? (At least...at close range)

The graphics are awesome, great job

i can't find any eboots or readme's in the kurok folder. i have psp slim with 3.90m33-3.

Wow, this is one of the greatest psp games I have ever played. I've found one small bug though. Sometimes in multiplayer, the gun won't appear. But it's a great game. Animality, open the rar and go into the PSP/ folder. There should be a Kurok folder and a "SLIM VERSION" folder. just open slim version and put the eboot from it and put it in the kurok folder, and move it to your psp.

Cool mod and very smooth animations
    I also found a bug if you shoot with your crossbow in single player mode the map crashs and i have to load the game again in the (quake)menu.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information