Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What Are Your Game Buy Regrets?

Blog Entries

General games What Are Your Game Buy Regrets?

Ahoy! Pull up a chair, grab a coffee, let's talk. That's right, it's Friday night, time for around round of TELL US DAMMIT. How it works: We ask a question, you answer it. Simple and no strings attached! This isn't some marketing survey or whatever. It's an emotional investment in you. Yes, we're interesting in knowing you, Kotaku reader person. You probably know ****tons about us — more than you even want to, we're sure. But, hey, we'd like to know about you. That way you won't be some faceless blob — and we might feel a tinge of guilt when we ban your ass. Or not, because really we're incapable of human emotion. Whichever!

Question: Do you having any game purchase regrets?

http://kotaku.com/5010812/what-are-y...me-buy-regrets

Some RPG's for various paltforms

I don't buy much games, not even on NDS anymore. Almost only regret is Another Code: Two Memories. It was a quite disappoitment, when I was looking for a good adventure game.

DCEmu Rookie

Super Monkey Ball: Touch and Roll. I bought it because I liked the original on the Gamecube. It was the biggest waste of money ever!

Rockstars Table Tennis, All the hype around it made me buy it, and when i did play it, it seemed like an overly priced XBLA game.

GTA IV, Even though it is a phenomenal achievement, and had one/some of THE best stories/characters, after the story, I just feel at a loss as to what to do. Even the achievements which usually subside this feeling haven't helped, it just doesn't motivate me to continue playing. San Andreas did, with its endless amounts to do, like flying planes, sky diving, random side missions and extensive story mode, but this just seems to lack, with only cluckin bells, Stevie's cars and pigeons to shoot. I wish I had rented it and completed the story.

In a similar vein as GTA IV, I would say Halo 3. I know lot's of people love it and I am sure it is a great game if you get into it but I found it very dull. I have only got as far as about the 3rd or 4th stage and I cannot bring myself to play it any more. I quite enjoyed the first Halo game and played it until the end, but for some reason I just can not be bothered to do it in Halo 3, despite it being pretty much the same game.

Rock Band, Should of waited for Guitar Hero 4

Don't really have any others

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowblind View Post
    Final Fantasy X, Dynasty Warriors 4 empires, and FFVII. FFX being the worst.
    FFVII you hated? I've never actually heard that before.

My worst gaming buy was probably spider-man 2 for the xbox. If you were in the same room as me when I played that you'd end up with a controller in the face. That game aggrivated me beyond sanity.

DCEmu Newbie

NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams. It was just awful, especially having such high hopes after the first one and waiting for, what, 10 years? They really dropped the ball on it.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information