Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I'm bored, what's new?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PSmonkey View Post
    Oui, I anounced that a while back when I felt the dust finaly cleared.

Actualy to be specific i work at ubi Montreal.
    Yeah I think I remember now that I think about it. Thats pretty awesome. What sort of work do you do there?

PSP Coder

All over the place really.

Started in engine dev, pj was canned so i went on to gameplay of a new game, from there swapped to the psp version, did gameplay and menus, now swapped to another part of the same project while also still doing some gameplay coding. Looking forward to when this game is done because i've been at ubi for almost 2 years with no shipped games.

Blog Entries

Thats great man. I hope it gets released too. Is it an unannounced game you're currently on? If so let us know which is yours when its announced so I can be sure to keep an eye on it!

GP2X Coder/Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by PSmonkey View Post
    All over the place really.

Started in engine dev, pj was canned so i went on to gameplay of a new game, from there swapped to the psp version, did gameplay and menus, now swapped to another part of the same project while also still doing some gameplay coding. Looking forward to when this game is done because i've been at ubi for almost 2 years with no shipped games.
    Never good when that happens. It gets worse when the project really crunches despite the length of time they had to develop in the first place.

PSP Coder

Ugg, the game i'm on was sort of not anounced. Well the main game was but not specificly the platform im on (which is a totaly different game). So sadly I'm best to keep quiet a little longer.

Glad to see what came out of farcry 2 (pc & ps3). I know a few people on that game. As well it seems news sites took a liking to shaun white wii (while stupid wii fans could not stop bitching long enough to not ignore it), I also know quite a few people on that one. It's quite lovely from what i've seen.

Blog Entries

Hmm, you better keep quite on it then. Wouldn't want you to get fired or anything lol.

The Shaun White game looks ok I guess. Then again I think at this point any Wii game using the balance board will be golden lol. I just hope its deservingly so though..

PSP Coder

IGN Had pretty favorable preview of it. As well a guy on the review crew for gametrailers prefered it over the NG game.

I just think the shots don't really show off the game. A site has some gameplay footage up (forgot which one).

-- edit --

here is one
    Last edited by PSmonkey; May 31st, 2008 at 18:53.

PSP Coder

Weeeeee.

I hacked up a cheap exporter for milkshape over the weekend. I say cheap since I took their txt export sample and modified it. Plus it does not properly link to materials just yet. =/ Also even worse it generates only triangles (even tho my file format supports tri fans and tri strips). I need to look into how I can convert a mesh to strips.

Further I did the small changes I needed to get the PSP version cought up and it actualy works. Only issue now is my system timer seems broken since I can't move/scale/rotate my model (exit button works so I know input is not broken). I'll have to fix that tonight and post some shots. Kind of cool to start seeing this thing progress (i've been working on it off and on for a few months slowly).

-- edit --

I forgot to add, This week Lego Indy & Hot Shots Golf Portable 2 are out. I'm on the fence for which I should get. I am leaning twards Indy but it's $40 (posibly jacked to $45 in canada) and I fear it might not be as great as lego starwars (even tho I love indy over starwars). Hotshots is $30 and while I am not a fan of HSGP1, I quite enjoy the two demos for the new one but again, no freaking advance shot pisses me off (I loved it in HSG5).
    Last edited by PSmonkey; June 2nd, 2008 at 18:26.

PSP Coder

while i'm bored and tweaking a few issues between my psp and ogl version, i decided to take a few quick snaps.

Nothing impressive (only used him since it's the first model I could find on my pc). I should try pushing something more complex then a md2 model.

Blog Entries

Hmm the Shaun White game looks better then I expected. I'll watch for a review I think. Oh and Lego Indy on PSP is decent. Feels a bit repetitive at times but its pretty fun. Polished I would say. Lots of good features here and there that impressed me but not enough variation.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information