Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The DCEmu Interview - Question 20 - Whats The Best Gamepad/Controller Ever ?

I'd say the Dreamcast controller for most games (shenmue,nes emulation,resident evil etc...except

for Halo I use a PS1 dualshock controller since it's digital not analog like that ps2 controllerSo it seems more responsive(obviously I use an adapter)

for 2d fighters i use a sega saturn controller it has all the buttons and feels like the most advanced genesis controller...

the atari jaguar controller is fun to use with alien vs predator too....

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Eyedunno View Post
    I'm really picky about controllers, and I've never used a perfect controller. I'm particularly picky about d-pads; few are any good.

My answer is the SNES controller, but a PERFECT controller would have the following:
    [list][*]SNES d-pad
    :thumbup: I'm really picky about d-pad's too. I made a SNES--Parallel adapter so I can play 2d platformers on my comp with my snes controller.

I did recently get a Hori Anashin for use on my PS2 (Klonoa, Contra) and I think I actually like it better than the SNES, the D-pad is reallly nice..

For racing games, the 360 controller is ace.

Mouse/Keyboard for fps of course

And Logitech Wingman digital extreme 3d for getting my Descent on

Gba Sp

DCEmu Newbie

Certainly the gamecube contoller. THe buttons are shaped, and even colored, so my hands always know what I'm pressing.
    Everything is easy to reach quickly. Without even lifting your finger off the A button you can tap the Y, X, and B button with your thumb!

The L and R buttons are really well fitting to your fingers, and the Z button is easily pressed with the right index finger.

I've always hated controller with buttons far apart, which is why I HATE playstation controllers.

It's gamecube all the way.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by elk1007 View Post
    Certainly the gamecube contoller. THe buttons are shaped, and even colored, so my hands always know what I'm pressing.
    Everything is easy to reach quickly. Without even lifting your finger off the A button you can tap the Y, X, and B button with your thumb!

The L and R buttons are really well fitting to your fingers, and the Z button is easily pressed with the right index finger.

I've always hated controller with buttons far apart, which is why I HATE playstation controllers.

It's gamecube all the way.
    Same for me,the gamecube controller because it is so simplified and easy to use,and in fact,I use it for my computer as a joystick with a joystick converter
    that I got at WAL-MART

P.S. it works almost perfectly for the project 64 emulator because using the keyboard
    doesn't work well because of having no deadzone or sensitivity limit.
    Last edited by ds benjmin; October 26th, 2008 at 20:27.

DCEmu Newbie

HAS to be the dualshock 3. Maybe its because ive grown up with the pad but for me its just perfect (well except for the R2 AND L2) the d-pads great, anologue sticks are great, and just feels comfortable. Its the best all-round pad I think

1 keyboard and mouse

2 wiimote and nunchuck

3 ps2 controller

4 xbox 360

5 original xbox controller (way too large for my hands)

Gamecube controller beats éverything!!

I like using the Xbox it was very comfortable. So id also say the Xbox 360 cause its pretty much the same. If anyone has said in here the Dreamcast controller thats horrible. Yes i love the system its great for all the games and homebrew it brings but the controller was to clunky and was built like a 3rd party controller.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information