Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whats the Best Device for DS Homebrew ?

Blog Entries

NDS Whats the Best Device for DS Homebrew ?

Its been a fair few months since i asked this question and like always the best people to ask are the coders and the users themselves, with each release of new hardware although theres not been much released lately comes a new pretender to the crown, so my question to all the DS Users which Flashcart do you think is the best for DS Homebrew and explain why wherever possible

Likewise post also the ones to avoid, it will be interesting to see which people dislike.

DCEmu Newbie

In my limited experience, I have had absolutely no problems with AceKard 2. Plays every thing I give it and that's what matters most in my opinion.

DCEmu Rookie

I found the M3 Perfect to be the best for me so far. It has onboard RAM, the ability to play almost every homebrew game in existence (I only found 7 that failed to work), full compatibility with Gameboy Advance games and homebrew, and is the only M3 product I tried that did not break or stop working after several months of rigorous use (yes, I actually abuse my electronics).

DCEmu Newbie

TTDS.
    I don't think I've ever run into a homebrew that hasn't worked.

to be honest, i'm most fond of the max media dock for the simple fact that i have 8 gigs of memory with it, whereas i haven't seen that much memory in any other homebrew device. Compatibility is rarely an issue anymore with any device you are ever going to get because you can just patch the program with DLDI.

SO.... all in all, i got the MMD with 8 gigs, and got rid of the ipod.

DCEmu Newbie

I haven't tried any other device, but I like the CycloDS evolution, it has everything I need, like autopatching, RTS (little buggy, but still) and cheat support o_O I would love som extra RAM so I could run Q2 and Opera browser, but it works good.

Quote Originally Posted by Aryn View Post
    I found the M3 Perfect to be the best for me so far. It has onboard RAM, the ability to play almost every homebrew game in existence (I only found 7 that failed to work), full compatibility with Gameboy Advance games and homebrew, and is the only M3 product I tried that did not break or stop working after several months of rigorous use (yes, I actually abuse my electronics).

yes the m3 perfect's are the best (too bad i accidently destroyed mine )
    it has 32MB RAM and that's very good for games like quake 1,2 DS

Neo R6Gold, I don't think any homebrew has failed on it and it has motion sensing, for all the tilty rotating fun you can imagine.

supercard slot 1 for the DS lite works great all the time and has out lasted my Acekard which gave up the ghost after just a week.

supercard dsone!runs everything!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information