Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many FLOPS are in game consoles?

Quote Originally Posted by Triv1um View Post
    No, more FLOPS doesn't mean better games. That comment is weak. Gameplay makes a good game, and the PS3 have few. (C'mon, i'm a 'PS3 fanboy' but i have to look at the facts, right?)

Yes, the PS3 is more powerful etc. but the 360 has better games at the moment. [/fanboy crap]

The PS3 will rise in time, and I bloody well hope it does so my investment can mean something.
    LOL, I was being sarcastic. My fave system right now is Wii, and I have ps3 and 360. Why? Because Nintendo makes games I enjoy. I could care less about system wars, or the top GFLOP. And I agree, Sony...wheres the games? I know MGS IV is gonna be great, but after that? FF 13 in 2010? (probably sooner, but who knows)

Quote Originally Posted by goshogun1 View Post
    LOL, I was being sarcastic.
    I noticed after i posted :P and couldnt be arsed to delete. I will just stay looking stupid, fine with me.
    PSN (PS3/PS4/Vita)/NintendoID - Triv1umx
    Steam - Rjinswand
    Runescape - Rjinswand

DCEmu Regular

Well to be kinda technical the 360 has a better gpu because it can process faster resulting in possible better graphics without dropping framerate unlike the ps3.

i dont get this thread.
    numbers suck.

DCEmu Newbie

Better GPU? kinda crazy we all know that Nvidia is better then ATI anyday, not to mention ATI stole the tech for ther xbox GPU from Nvidia. and that would be the programmable shader pipelines. that ms got from Nvidia during there run in with the xbox 1.

and Tflops or Gflops are just a measurement of the raw power of the system. it's not hard to realize that 9 cores beat 3 cores.

Dream Coder

Quote Originally Posted by MZeroEW2 View Post
    Better GPU? kinda crazy we all know that Nvidia is better then ATI anyday
    Except for about 50% of the time. Even then, absolutely never in picture quality.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

DCEmu Rookie

I think you're all forgetting about the wii it is much less floppy than the rest but it regularly beats the others on gameplay and sales figures so all these flop numbers mean nothing if they just make pretty games that people will forget about in 6 months

PS3 is much more FLOPy than I first though.

Quote Originally Posted by MZeroEW2 View Post
    Better GPU? kinda crazy we all know that Nvidia is better then ATI anyday, not to mention ATI stole the tech for ther xbox GPU from Nvidia. and that would be the programmable shader pipelines. that ms got from Nvidia during there run in with the xbox 1.

and Tflops or Gflops are just a measurement of the raw power of the system. it's not hard to realize that 9 cores beat 3 cores.
    Thats retarded, ATI never stole jack from Nvidia. Didnt the HD 2900XT also have a unified shader architecture to? Also who has the most powerful GPU on the market today? Its pretty much a tie, The 3870X2 and The 9800GX2. Stupid fanboyism. Fanboyism = Bad...... Go fight some one for the worlds biggest E-Penis ok.
    Last edited by woop; May 28th, 2008 at 11:55.

Pure numbers never mean anything.

But yeah the PS3 has much more potential than currently shown, but no developers are willing to take the plunge in cost to properly exploit the PS3's magnificent architecture.

Why do sony always have to be different? cell processors when we were fine with the normal 32/64 bit architecture? And those damn memory sticks will always annoy me, every other manufacturer was fine with SD cards but sony insisted on creating their own brand to put on a premium. I suppose blue-ray won fair and square. But I wouldn't call it a win yet...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information