Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Street Fighter IV confirmed for 360, PC and PS3

General games Street Fighter IV confirmed for 360, PC and PS3

via Computer and Video Games

Capcom has confirmed that Street Fighter IV will be coming to Xbox 360, PS3 & PC.

Granted, this comes as no surprise, but it's good to get official confirmation. It'll also come as no surprise that the Wii isn't on Capcom's format list. Soz, Nintendo fans.

As we've seen from previous screenshots, the game will feature classic characters Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li and Guile. A number of other characters will also debut in the game, including female spy Crimson Viper, martial artist Abel and wrestler El Fuerte.

Fans will be pleased to know that the game is played in the classic Street Fighter 2D perspective, but includes extra 3D flourishes. It will also use the traditional six-button gameplay, so all your old-school skills will be transferable.

All in all, it sounds like more of the same with nicer-looking, face-wrecking fireballs. Considering it's Street Fighter though, that's absolutely fine by us.

What isn't fine is the lack of even an estimated release date. But there's a countdown pointing to something happening in a little over three days on the official website. Go take a look.

3 screenshots

None of you could possibly understand how much this means to me and all other truly wise men.

Street Fighter IV is really shaping up into something amazing. The art style alone makes me drool. I hear they are gonna try and keep all the characters from Street Fighter 2 Turbo, and include quite a few new fighters. I hope there are more than the 4 that they have shown already, but only time will tell. Either way playing this online is gonna be a riot!

wow, I am surprised it's coming to PC too. I didn't expect it

I can't wait to get my hands on it. Hope it has online play.

Why isn't it comming to the wii?

Quote Originally Posted by shorty_carnage View Post
    Why isn't it comming to the wii?
    Probably because they believe the game is not oriented for the Wii audience.

DCEmu Regular

The specs for the game 3d wise are pretty high. It would be hard to have it even look remotely as good as it does in the arcade. I'm really glad it's coming to PC since i just built a new machine and don't have a ps3 or 360 yet. I do have a wii haha, but I wasn't ever expecting it to be on the wii so I'm happy with a PC port. PS3 is great as well since I'll have one before the end of the year. Ever since I saw screens of the arcade version I have been really excited. I really like the art style. A lot of SF fans hate it, but wtf do they expect. They are trying to evolve street fighter but still satisfy it's core fanbase. I think they are doing an amazing job and are definitely going in the right direction. I have heard a lot of good things about it from japan. It's getting good reviews. I just wish there were a few more characters like in the alpha/zero games. That would take a hell of a lot more time though since it's 3d now instead of 2d. Haha they can't just steal sprites anymore. Hopefully the home ports will have a few extras. This is going to be very exciting.

I found the answer to the countdown mystery. I'm not sure if it's cool to link to other news sites, so Mods: do what you will with this:

http://www.developmag.com/press-rele...ARTS-MMA-EVENT

Quote Originally Posted by paladinja View Post
    None of you could possibly understand how much this means to me and all other truly wise men.
    I understand but I'm not sure that I want to. I'm just waiting for other 2D fighters that are supposed to come out later on.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information