Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: FrodoDS(C64 emulator) updated

DCEmu Pro

Quote Originally Posted by db73 View Post
    Question: If I load a game into FrodoDS, make changes to the settings & then make a snapshot, are the setting changes I made (e.g. joystick port, skip frames etc.) saved as part of the snap shot?
    I don't think so,I think it just works with the disk image but of course I could be wrong.

If you like you can use the edit button to make changes to your last post, instead of repeatedly posting.

So I'm pretty new at all this and spent a while reading through the various threads you guys have posted up here.
    I've been trying to get Mail Order Monsters to work on this emulator but haven't gotten past the EA load screen.
    It turns white and a black dot appears in the top left corner and it freezes.
    Any ideas?

That's my favorite c64 game from when I was a kid. Got to meet a few of the creators a while back too!

Thanks for any help.

System info:
    R4
    Running latest version of GPF's emulator

Side note:
    The emulator on his site doesn't work straight off. You need to create the RD folder with the proper files. There isn't a readme in the zip and it's very confusing to figure it all out unless you are a EMU junkie and read through piles of threads to troubleshoot.

DCEmu Newbie

I have an odd problem. I am attempting to play 'Champions of Krynn', it loads up and I can create a character, but before I can go any further I must save it to disk, it is mandatory.

I have a blank disk, which I load as the active image while the game is running. But it always tells me it fails, and asks if I want to format it into a save disk. I do so, and it just repeats itself.

I've used multiple versions of FrodoDS, right now I'm using the version from September 14th. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I may fix this issue?

OK got it to work eventually. Had to set everything to super slow settings (1541).

Also here's a quick answer to the blank disk problem, as I had the same problem for Mail Order Monsters for my Owner's Disk.
    Go here:
    http://almighty.c64.org/d64editor.html

Grab that editor.

Make a copy of a disk or a blank disk with the proper name (see tutorial here: http://www.faqs.org/faqs/commodore/8...ion-faq/part3/).

Tell me if it works out for you. Looks like it's working for me for M.O.M.

Also tell me what the name might be for the disk. I might want to play that game too!
    And if you are a NWN player check out:
    www.krynnhaven.com
    A Dragonlance NWN mod world.

DCEmu Newbie

Humm. It seems that the game sees the disk, but it seemed to before, and ofcourse it gives me the 'failed' message.

However, this may be because I did something wrong. I'm not exactly sure what I'm suppose to be looking for in the tutorial, and what to do with the editor. Do you mind expanding on exactly what you're suggesting?

In that tutorial it is suggested to grab an image of the MOM disk and then just rename it. You have to rename it with that disk editor program I listed.
    I'm guessing it's going to be a similar situation for the Krynn game too.
    So you'd copy your disk file then open up the copy and rename it to some title that would be acceptable to the program. That's the hard part... Finding out what that name is.

On a side note... Does anyone have a good working copy of Mail Order Monsters?
    I got to the battle screen on the Tournament Setting and it crashes out sometime during the battle.
    Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Skeckulous View Post
    In that tutorial it is suggested to grab an image of the MOM disk and then just rename it. You have to rename it with that disk editor program I listed.
    I'm guessing it's going to be a similar situation for the Krynn game too.
    So you'd copy your disk file then open up the copy and rename it to some title that would be acceptable to the program. That's the hard part... Finding out what that name is.

On a side note... Does anyone have a good working copy of Mail Order Monsters?
    I got to the battle screen on the Tournament Setting and it crashes out sometime during the battle.
    Any ideas?
    Definetly try ever thing first in a the frodo pc emulator first, if you can't get it to work there its not going to work on the ds version unfortunetly.

Troy

Yep. That's what I thought.
    It seems to work fine in Frodo on my PC but crashes on the DS to the load screen.

Love the app btw. Great work!

DCEmu Newbie

Hey all again.
    Got another problem, it seems that the D-Pad in the Sept 14th build is being odd. Still trying to play Champions of Krynn, and it needs the arrow keys. But it seems that its not using the D-Pad for the arrow keys, instead its using seemingly random keys.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

DCEmu Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Magwart View Post
    Hey all again.
    Got another problem, it seems that the D-Pad in the Sept 14th build is being odd. Still trying to play Champions of Krynn, and it needs the arrow keys. But it seems that its not using the D-Pad for the arrow keys, instead its using seemingly random keys.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
    For CoK use joystick port 2, this worked fine for me but Saving didn't work for me even with 1541 emulation on.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread Information