Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: FrodoDS(C64 emulator) updated

DCEmu Pro

I've been playing Ultima V. Its a bit finicky but if you use the PC version to get past the beginning and onto the main map from the cottage, you can play without 1541 emulation on. The trick is to make the game ask for the disk, so when going into a towne for instance make sure the Towne disk is not in queue.

DCEmu Newbie

That's so great!! Little more speed and it would be perfect. =)

Frodo.nds

I had to start over with GPF's version of frodo, current features are -

Resized to 75% to smoothly fit the C64 screen onto the DS.
    Managed to drop the frame skip from 3 to 2 by lowering the sound quality. This makes for a bit smoother gameplay with a hardly noticable drop in audio quality.
    Added (cheated really) a simple way to auto load different files from a D64 image...

1. Select the .D64 file, the contents should automatically list onto the screen.
    2. Hold 'R' button and tap UP or DOWN to get the cursor to the same line as the file you want to load.
    3. While still holding 'R' Tap 'A' the file should now load and run automatically.

Also some games made a clicking noise, I have changed the audio buffer size, this seems to have removed the clicking.

DCEmu Newbie

Excellent - thank you!
    Will give this a try.

DCEmu Pro

Quote Originally Posted by spinal_cord_ View Post
    Frodo.nds

I had to start over with GPF's version of frodo, current features are -

Resized to 75% to smoothly fit the C64 screen onto the DS.
    Managed to drop the frame skip from 3 to 2 by lowering the sound quality. This makes for a bit smoother gameplay with a hardly noticable drop in audio quality.
    Added (cheated really) a simple way to auto load different files from a D64 image...

1. Select the .D64 file, the contents should automatically list onto the screen.
    2. Hold 'R' button and tap UP or DOWN to get the cursor to the same line as the file you want to load.
    3. While still holding 'R' Tap 'A' the file should now load and run automatically.

Also some games made a clicking noise, I have changed the audio buffer size, this seems to have removed the clicking.
    Sounds real cool spinal!

Will check this out asap.

So this looks for "rd" as the folder right?
    Last edited by crookedmouth; July 7th, 2009 at 03:03.

I think it does, at least i never though about changing it so if thats where the GPF version looks, then yes.

DCEmu Pro

Quote Originally Posted by spinal_cord_ View Post
    I think it does, at least i never though about changing it so if thats where the GPF version looks, then yes.
    The speed boost is great! Many games are way more playable.

The degraded sound though slightly noticeable in some of the games I tested was by in large unnoticeable.

I must admit that a combination between your alterations and congo's on-the-fly selection menus would be ultimate but either way great job as usual spinal!

I'm going to continue testing this of course, I want to see if some of the previously too choppy games can be playable now.

Thank you man!

One problem I have noticed (after trying the Wii port of frodo) is that mayhem in monsterland doesn't work, the bug that the game relies on isn't emulated in this version of frodo, shame.

But I can now play Creatures II at a reasonable speed...

DCEmu Newbie

Awesome work Spinal! Speed is now very good on most games. If you could add features just like on Congo's version that would be SUPERB.

DCEmu Pro

Congo did release the source to his second to last revision.

He said it was messy but I'll attach it here.

This doesn't have the programmable keys and the B button is mapped to something other then Space.

Thread Information