Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: FrodoDS(C64 emulator) updated

Excellent - I've been checking for this update at least monthly. A good conversion of Frodo so far, and still the only C64 emulator on DS!

Nice one!!

DCEmu Newbie

cool stuff, good to hear you're still working on it too,

BTW is there any chance that the emulation will speed up a bit more? at the moment I have my DS set to frameskip 4 but it's a little bit too juddery at that frame rate, I think that if it was close to the right speed at frameskip 3 it would look pretty good,

as well as that the only thing I can think of is improving the compatibility a bit, for some reason, many games that make you hit the fire button to start the game don't seem to work (like Turrican and Mayhem in Monsterland for instance) and the joystick swap doesn't always seem to work properley

sorry if I come across as moaning keep up the good work :thumbup:

Yeah wish I could load Turrican 1 & 2...

The speed has definitely improved, if the emu is updated to use the new event-based Frodo code or even if someone could port VICE, then more improvements will most definitely be made.

I wasn't sure about it ever working due to aspect-ratio issues but this project proved me wrong on that one!

DCEmu Newbie

Default Disk Error

Has anyone tried running Project Space Station?
    It loads, but at the title screen it says, "Disk drive error...make sure drive is on and disk inserted."

Any ideas how to resolve this?

Thanks.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Gyro View Post
    Has anyone tried running Project Space Station?
    It loads, but at the title screen it says, "Disk drive error...make sure drive is on and disk inserted."

Any ideas how to resolve this?

Thanks.
    the only things you can do to improve compatability is either try out different cracks of the game or go into the folder RD then click on the file called "frodo fpr" change the emul1541Proc to "TRUE" and then save, this should improve compatibility, but will make the game load really, really slow

while you're in the frodo fpr I would also personally change the skipframes to 4 as well (which increases the speed, but makes the game look choppier)

DCEmu Pro

You can use frodo for the PC with 1541 emulation enabled then make a snapshot of whichever game your trying to get working, then copy over the snapshot. Instead of enabling 1541 emulation on the DS.
    Personally I think 4 frameskip is way to much. 3 maybe.

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks for the update - looking forward to using this on the beach on my hols!

I've been trying to load up some games but its seems to be hit and miss with what's working.

I've copied d64 files over to the /rd folder and before doing so I've used the DLDI patch on them (I'm using a M3 DS Simply/ R4. When I try to load some of the games I keep getting told the file cannot be found, yet double clicking them on my desktop loads them fine on Power 64 ('m using a Mac)

Anything I can do to get these working? There's some key games I'm gutted I can't get playing with the handy save state!

Quote Originally Posted by Luf714 View Post
    Thanks for the update - looking forward to using this on the beach on my hols!

I've been trying to load up some games but its seems to be hit and miss with what's working.

I've copied d64 files over to the /rd folder and before doing so I've used the DLDI patch on them (I'm using a M3 DS Simply/ R4. When I try to load some of the games I keep getting told the file cannot be found, yet double clicking them on my desktop loads them fine on Power 64 ('m using a Mac)

Anything I can do to get these working? There's some key games I'm gutted I can't get playing with the handy save state!

Only need to DLDI patch the FrodoDS.nds file, I believe there is a Frodo port to mac you could test the .d64 files on as well as create snapshots with it also.

Troy(GPF)

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by crookedmouth View Post
    no, frameskip 4 is actually still not enough, I just compared Katakis and Midnight Resistance on my real C64 to the ones on the DS, and they are still slow at frameskip 4, but not by too much of a degree to harm gameplay. Though I'd imagine that if you were playing really old C64 games it would make a difference to the speed of emulation anyway
    Last edited by jesus 666; June 13th, 2008 at 04:39.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by crookedmouth View Post
    You can use frodo for the PC with 1541 emulation enabled then make a snapshot of whichever game your trying to get working, then copy over the snapshot. Instead of enabling 1541 emulation on the DS.
    Thanks for the info. I tried 3-4 different copies of the game and turning on the 1541 emulation but still no luck.

Where can I get the PC version of Frodo?I tried a web search, but couldn't find a working link with an executable for Windows XP.

This begs another question, does FrodoDS support disk operations for saving/loading game data?

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information