Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: FrodoDS(C64 emulator) updated

DCEmu Pro

Wow, going to check out the changes in this altered version.

Quote Originally Posted by phiitboi View Post
    is it possible to fix those roms (.d64) wich wont work ? cause always wining about syntax error 0, not every game but most of them what issues is on the line 0 ? i checked with that new frodos list command and there reads mostly webaddress in the line 0, what if i rub it off with some hexedit ?

would be really great to play most of those retrogames wich wont work now

thanks i appreciate yours job in coding emulators.
    This is usually caused by the first program on the disk being a dummy program or something. You will have to LOAD"$",8 to see where and under what name the program your looking for is. The kernalrom makes the list of disk contents one of the F5-F7. Use Load"m*",8,1 to load first program that begins with M.

DCEmu Newbie

didnt get any results only errors and some weird letters when trying those commands.

ill stop waiting new releases hopefully someone get this problem work

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks for the upgrades to Frodo, it's great!

If you have .t64 files you can convert these to .d64 files by using DirMaster v2.0 (google it). You can fit around 3+ t64 single-load games into a d64 file, saving space on your SD card.

Some extra speed would be nice, but I can't have my cake and eat it - I'm sure you've done/doing all you can for the speed.
    Best wishes...

DCEmu Newbie

yea i got only .d64 files

so bombdog your every game works ?

maybe im doing something wrong then.

my method
    downloaded d64 files and put them in a /d64/ folder starting frodo this new version, choosing game from the list and pressing left trigger + a to launch the game about 70% of my games wont start at all.
    cant find the game and giving errors about that.

DCEmu Newbie

Try getting some other versions of t64 and d64s. A good place to start is at gamebase64 - virtually every c64 game ever made is there.

I think you may have more luck with t64 games converted to d64 files as they are single load and thus don't need to keep referring to the d64 file.

Also don't try loading the game with L+A, the first file on the disk may not be suitable to load using the emulator. Load the directory using

LOAD"$",8

Find the game you wish to play, then go (for example)

LOAD"SP*",8,1

if you wish to load the first game on the disk with the first letters 'SP...'

Not everything works, Frodo is a bit picky. I've had graphics/collision problems with Slurpy and Spy School, but that's Frodo, not this port.

DCEmu Newbie

so many thanks bombdog i love you lol
    those helped me so much i got games work better

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by spajdr View Post
    FrodoDS improved build by H. Eilts:

His changes:
    'All credits go to the original author – I just changed a few things around to make emulation more convenient.'
    - added support for RUNSTOP/RESTORE
    - added True 1541 Floppy emulation
    - added joystick port status
    - d64 images now reside in d64 folder
    - menu driven configuration

http://linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/...oDS_heilts.zip
    This is fantastic! 2/3 of the games giving me trouble before now work no problems at all, not only that but the new interface is excellent, being able to turn on drive emulation at only the specific times when it's needed, and then turn it off after the trouble area has passed really speeds up loading.

One other thing though, for some reason the B button seems to no longer work, is there an option to set C64 keys to the DS buttons that I haven't seen? I'm sure the guy making it couldn't have removed one of the most important features of the whole emulator.

nice bit of work, but for some reason pressing the L button dosen't work anymore, so i have to type LOAD..etc every time i want to play a game.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyharris View Post
    nice bit of work, but for some reason pressing the L button dosen't work anymore, so i have to type LOAD..etc every time i want to play a game.
    buttons has been changed if i remember correctly, for loading roms you have to push L + A and L + X you can see other button changes

thanks for that, gonna try it now.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information