Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: FrodoDS(C64 emulator) updated

DCEmu Pro

This altered version is hugely convenient. It helps a ton to have frameskip and 1541 emu on the fly. Plus I'm not making savestates by accident in the middle of a heated moment. Nice of Mr. Eilts to work with the open-source.

Quote Originally Posted by phiitboi View Post
    buttons has been changed if i remember correctly, for loading roms you have to push L + A and L + X you can see other button changes
    Doesn't it say this on the title screen when you run frodoDS?

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by jesus 666 View Post
    One other thing though, for some reason the B button seems to no longer work, is there an option to set C64 keys to the DS buttons that I haven't seen? I'm sure the guy making it couldn't have removed one of the most important features of the whole emulator.
    Well I've waited 5 days and still no reply, does no one know whats going on with the B button? I'm really starting to get fed up with switching between the emulators everytime I want to play Katakis. It seems like every damn step forward someone makes with this emulator they immediately take one step back afterwards, at least in this case it's more like 3 steps forward and 1 back though.
    Last edited by jesus 666; August 25th, 2008 at 23:47.

H. Eilts might not even read this thread. What site was the link to H. Eilts version originally posted on?

In GPF's version the B button maps to spacebar (after you load a game) but in H. Eilts it maps to ctrl. You could try using the onscreen spacebar, at least until you can map the buttons the way you want.
    Last edited by Sektor; August 26th, 2008 at 03:17.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Sektor View Post
    You could try using the onscreen spacebar, at least until you can map the buttons the way you want.
    That doesn't work very well, hell it didn't work very well on the real thing and now the space bar is like 1/50 the original size, I'll stick with the older version for now, which is really annoying, but too many games I play often are screwed by the new setup (Turrican 2, Gryzor, Katakis, R-Type, Commando, Shinobi)

DCEmu Newbie

Any chance of getting games like Space Taxi or Fort Apocolypse working? They seem to run, but (at least for me) I always crash when landing regardless of how softly I land.

Also, can the "rd" folder go into the "data" folder instead of on the root? Is it even needed for the Eilts version? What is FrodoDS.d64 that comes with the Eilts version used for? Where does it go?

-Bri-
    Last edited by Bri-; September 2nd, 2008 at 15:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Bri- View Post
    Any chance of getting games like Space Taxi or Fort Apocolypse working? They seem to run, but (at least for me) I always crash when landing regardless of how softly I land.

Also, can the "rd" folder go into the "data" folder instead of on the root? Is it even needed for the Eilts version? What is FrodoDS.d64 that comes with the Eilts version used for? Where does it go?

-Bri-
    Fort Apocolypse doesn't work in the pc version of Frodo either unfortunetly, there is a workaround i found if I just slowing move towards the fuel pad and keep firing down at the pad if your careful it will pop down and you can fuel up., not sure about Space Taxi though.

For Eilts version I just renamed my /rd folder to /d64 , as far as I could tell the FrodoDS.d64 is just a blank 1541 disk image. Wish he would release his changes to the source, would like to add it to my source.

Troy(GPF)

DCEmu Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Bri- View Post
    Any chance of getting games like Space Taxi or Fort Apocolypse working? They seem to run, but (at least for me) I always crash when landing regardless of how softly I land

-Bri-
    Space Taxi plays fine for me, are you sure you are lowering your landing gear?

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by GPF View Post
    Fort Apocolypse doesn't work in the pc version of Frodo either unfortunetly, there is a workaround i found if I just slowing move towards the fuel pad and keep firing down at the pad if your careful it will pop down and you can fuel up., not sure about Space Taxi though.

For Eilts version I just renamed my /rd folder to /d64 , as far as I could tell the FrodoDS.d64 is just a blank 1541 disk image. Wish he would release his changes to the source, would like to add it to my source.
    Yeah, the additions Eilts made make FrodoDS so much more usable! One useful addition to his menu would be the ability to change which keyboard key is mapped to the "B" button. Have you been able to contact him?

Apparently, the Eilts version either searches for the files it needs, or doesn't need any other files. I was able to put the "d64" folder inside the "data" folder and it works just fine. I also moved all of my .d64 and .fss files to a "c64_games" folder and it still works. So I wonder if the "ROM" files are even needed. I'll try removing them later today and see if it still works.

Are you still actively developing FrodoDS? It's one of my favorite homebrews!

Quote Originally Posted by crookedmouth View Post
    Space Taxi plays fine for me, are you sure you are lowering your landing gear?
    Nope, I'm not lowering my landing gear! Strange that I don't remember doing that the last time I played it. Not like it was over 20 years ago or anything!

Thanks!

-Bri
    Last edited by Bri-; September 5th, 2008 at 16:02.

I tweaked the scaling of frodods a little. The screen size is slightly smaller, at 75%, giving a very even resize. The screen ration is correct and there is slight blurring, giving more readable text and nicer looking gfx.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FIQ7JUOI

The only problem with the method used, is that colour 0 (used for black in frodods) does not blend, so any pixels next to black ones wil not blend. If anyone thinks they can help with this, please get in touch.

This is a tweak of GPF's build, not the other one, so it does not have those new features, whoever, i do feel it looks better and is very slightly quicker, especially during gameplay.

DCEmu Pro

Sounds cool and very useful especially for text adventures. Thanks spinal,quicker you say?

I wish that Eilts would release the altered source code.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread Information