Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: FrodoDS(C64 emulator) updated

well...reset function has moved to the macros. would you rather have it assignable to a key?

I like resetting with a single key.

- congoblase -
    Would you be able to add to your version a couple of pre-set screen sizes? The only reason I started messing with frodo was that i didn't like the default size and after some experimenting I have came up with two size settings I like. Also, do you want the code for the alpha blending, or can you figure it out yourself?

DCEmu Newbie

Doesn't pressing the left and right shoulder buttons reset it?

Maybe using the X and Y buttons could go forward and backward through a list of preset screen sizes. Or if there are only two screen sizes (full-screen and proportional) one could be assigned to the X button and one to the Y button.

Would also be useful if it displayed the current screen size in pixels as you changed it.

Quote Originally Posted by spinal_cord View Post
    I don't have the knowledge myself, but i think moving the sid emulation to arm7 should speed up the emulator quite a bit. I noticed now and then when the sound fails to start, the emu went quite fast. Is anyone able to do this?
    Hmmm...in the meantime, maybe just an option to turn off the sound might be useful if it speeds things up significantly.

-Bri
    Last edited by Bri-; September 16th, 2008 at 14:27.

DCEmu Pro

Quote Originally Posted by congoblase View Post
    well...reset function has moved to the macros. would you rather have it assignable to a key?
    It was written right on the title screen in front of me , thanks.
    It might be cool to be able to assign it but this works fine and you can't hit it by accident.

I've been tweaking the scaling a little, just hit Y to cycle through the following settings -

1. 75% - preserve aspect ratio
    2. fit width - preserve aspect ratio
    3. fit height - preserve aspect ratio
    4. fit both - stretch
    5. fit width height=100% - stretch

download via megaupload
    Last edited by spinal_cord; September 16th, 2008 at 10:12. Reason: forgot to post the dl link :P

DCEmu Newbie

How can you fit the height and preserve the aspect ratio? Isn't the DS aspect ratio taller than the C-64? Wouldn't fitting the height cause the left and right edges to fall off the screen?

-Bri

things are looking good.....keep up the good work guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Bri- View Post
    How can you fit the height and preserve the aspect ratio? Isn't the DS aspect ratio taller than the C-64? Wouldn't fitting the height cause the left and right edges to fall off the screen?

-Bri
    Yes, having the height at 100% clips the top and bottom also. For a lot of games this isn't a problem, the closer the gfx are to their original size, the better a lot of games look. Games with a lot of text in them (like text adventures) are far easier to read at 75% as each character is scaled exactly the same, resulting in 6x6 tiles.

DCEmu Newbie

So what is the resolution of the C-64?

-Bri

screen only = 320x200, border included (rarely used by games) = 384x272.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information