Thread: DC VGA Mod Problem

Default DC VGA Mod Problem

Alright, so, I've been working on this mod for a long time, and I keep coming up with problems. I'm now onto trying this with my second Dreamcast, and I've had this problem with both of them, and the exact same problem at that, but maybe this isn't even a problem at all. I've been testing as I go along to make sure everything is working. I'll get the audio working, then I'll get the switch working, however, once I solder the H-Sync and the V-Sync and then the three red, green and blue signals, I stop outputting any video other than VGA (as far as I can tell, as I haven't finished exactly, but I don't know what else it would be doing). Now, I haven't proceeded past this point yet, because, I don't understand why this would happen. Do I need to actually finish? This puzzles me, because I don't see why it would stop outputting any other signal. Just because I've put wires to those points, shouldn't change anything, I shouldn't have to finish to get any other kind of signal, right? Note: I am still getting sound when I do this.

Edit: Found my problem after a lengthy trial and error...maybe found an easier way to do the mod as well...
    Last edited by Shrygue; May 30th, 2008 at 14:20.

Care to share how you done it?
    PSN (PS3/PS4/Vita)/NintendoID - Triv1umx
    Steam - Rjinswand
    Runescape - Rjinswand

Quote Originally Posted by Triv1um View Post
    Care to share how you done it?
    Followed the points on the other side of the board from where people normally solder to their source. Probably not a new method. Haven't actually tried it yet, due to frustration from the other way but, I saw pictures from someone else doing the mod and they either did a different mod, or did the same thing that I'm thinking about doing.

Ok wow, I have no idea at all what is going on. I did this all again, and once again, when I finished, no video. Last time it was because I had a bit of solder connecting the composite video to another pin, but this time, everything is perfect. I'm seriously so through with this mod. Has anyone else had this happen to them? Or, has anyone done this mod to a US Dreamcast?

EDIT:
    I think this wasn't working possibly because of the region switch mod. Even touching a wire to the 5V would stop it from working. Maybe both of these mods somehow don't give the rest of the Dreamcast enough power or something? This is the only thing I can think of, as both of my Dreamcasts have this.
    Last edited by sixtyten; June 2nd, 2008 at 06:56.

Where is your switch?
    follow this schematic:

or this one:
    http://www.instructables.com/id/ELY6ELBE6QEWZMJ47P/

but i prefer the first one
    Last edited by kohan69; July 19th, 2008 at 22:33.

Thread Information