Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PSP Downgrader v1.0

Blog Entries

Lightbulb PSP Downgrader v1.0

BBS who im right in thinking is the webmaster of the German PSP Emulation Site --> http://www.pspemus.de/ has posted this news in our Submit News Forum:

News from Sonyxteam.com!!!

WARNING TO EVERY PEOPLE WILLING TO DOWNGRADE THEIR PSPS !!

We wanted to warn the users that the fiirst beta downgrader version released by MPH is VERY Unstable ! It has about 5 to 10% chances to brick your psp when using it, because it writtes directly on the flash offset and that can be very dangerous, uf the offset changes just a little it will overwrite another file than index.dat, and that will brick your psp without doubt !

However that issue had been fixed on v1.0 , the probability to brick your psp using v1.0 is less than 1%.

We still want to remind you that we still give credits to MPH for taking part on the downgrader creation, (as he did gave credits to SXT as well), and will be added in any future downgrader version based on the one we devlopped together. So althrough 1.0 Final was entirely coded by yoshihiro and finished by yoshihiro, we give credits to MPH for it as well, as it's still based on the beta version where we worked on it together.

(Especially MPH and Yoshihiro, as yoshihiro found the lflash writting code on 2.0 working overflow exploit, and MPH and yoshi both had the index.dat idea, MPH created and compiled the first beta version from the knowledge and data he and yoshi acquired together).

Here the changes:
    - More stability
    - Added text infos
    - No need for index.dat file anymore
    - Easier for noobs

http://www.sonyxteam.com

Thats great news and if anyone uses it successfully let us know

Im sure this will start another case of handbags at dawn when certain hackers with friends on certain sites see the above release, in any case lets keep it clean gents

more stability is good news as i have a friend who wants to downgrade and wants me to sort it for him can you imagine what it would be like to say to your mate "soz m8 i bricked it".
    nice one Yoshi/Mph

Blog Entries

yeah its a realy scary thought

if this does what it says it does, then thats great news
    i still dont want to try it until i really need it and it has some positive feedback/success with ppl that decide to try it

I actually found this version of the downgrader a day ago on their site. Worked perfectly for me! Quite easy to use as well.

Blog Entries

yeah i always find its better to wait first

DCEmu Rookie

Where are those 5-10 percent chance of failure? I must have several around 500 posts, NONE of those ended up getting bricked. I'm just surprised there haven't been any confirmed bricks due to so many newbs getting mixed up, trying to run homebrew when the psp was at "1.0". Turning it off at the wrong times, even then no bricks have been found. The only brick that was confirmed was when Yoshi had been helping out mph with one of the processes, quoting from psphacks.net

"The psp has been bricked before i code the downgrader, no problems Wink

For credits :

Yoshihiro had the idea to copy all the nand but it has bricked a psp.

He give results tests to me and I continued alone...."

This is just a failed attempt by the part of Yoshi trying to get back on the good side of people. I for one wouldn't try it out simply because Yoshi isn't a trustworthy person. We all know what happened to their iso loader and the downgrader wasn't any different.

Cool

yoshihiro found the lflash writting code on 2.0 working overflow exploit

That's bullcrap

He did not find that flaw he just took credit for someones elses work

Here is an important statement from Niacin of Toc2rta :

------------
    Congratulations to MPH who has successfully developed a downgrader using the exploit discovered by Toc2rta.

Unfortunately there is always one person who tries to claim that it was them. Toc2rta was responsible for the 2.0 exploit/Binary Loader and that has been confirmed by every PSP news site on the planet. Also something i would like to point out is NEVER have Toc2rta asked for donations or released false videos/statements.

Agreed with psphreak, I haven't heard of ONE person bricking their psp with MPH's downgrader.
    Those ****ers just say that so that this new file will circulate with their credit written somewhere instead of only MPH's credit.
    They can GO TO HELL.

TSR

Blog Entries

Well i dont know who to believe in this whole Niacin/Yoshihihro thing but i will say that some of the antics ive seen im not too impressed with the Tocrta people either, they seem to use their site to bitch too so the truth is in there somwhere but godknows whos telling it.

Although to be fair i praise MPH because it was him who did the killer work, the exploit was found on a forum a week before it was posted according to a forum post at ps2dev.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information