Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "iPhone could kill Nintendo DS", says report

Hey, I thought the PSP was supposed to beat the DS...

Yeah right. That article is wrong wrong wrong. There is no chance of the iphone 'killing' the DS.

They sound very ignorant.

DCEmu Newbie

Apple will have a fun time trying to obtain the rights to release zelda, mario, donkey kong, and all the other game frachises that makes the DS awesome. Because there is no way in hell that they'd be able to release any game which would be any where near as appealing to gamers. And with out appealing to gamers, what the **** is the point of having games.

What next? The Mac is gonna be a better platform or gaming that a Windows PC?

iPhone will die, not DS.

DCEmu Regular

Seems like Apple paid Forbes to put a "good" word >_>

let me put this in perspective. Something that costs 400 bucks + 60 per month for service with promises of games that will likely be crap. something that costs 150 with a whole backlog of great games + the promises of games to come from Nintendo and the other 3rd party developers.

Yep I see a huge shakeup in the handheld arena.

DCEmu Newbie

hahahha. all i gotta say is: NICE TRYS

xD

DCEmu Newbie

Default <o>

pffft... The iphone...

No parent is going to spend 400-600 bucks on just the hardware to amuse their child. More power? Probably. The DS is reasonably cheap, and is designed to have children use. How long will an Iphone last in someones backpack?

Its not going to have any really mindblowing games that isn't already to some extent possible with the DS's touch screen.

Personally, I like having buttons. I can feel where those buttons are, and use those buttons without being forced to look where my hand is going. You can't do that with just a touch screen, so the level of immersion you are going to reach with any game will be limited at best.

the DS has twelve button triggers than can be activated at once, more if you count the microphone, touch screen with pressure sensitivity and lid open/close detection that some developers love to throw in to f*ck you up mid-game (oh, and motion/tilt/photosensitive/camera based add ons to keep it exciting). How many simultaneous inputs can you hope for with the Iphone? Not many.

Sounds like another N-gage foible. .

n-gage vs GBA SP - seriously, when i saw lara croft on the ngage i thought "wow, the GBA's had it, now".

thinking back, now, it had underutilised graphics horsepower, rubbish games/crapgraphics, no shoulder buttons (essential for shooters) and a huge array of buttons.

the iphone doesn't have a snowball's hope in hell

DCEmu Newbie

hahahahahahahaha

Iphone is an american machine and the videogames are japanese in majority search the error

Microsoft are not good results in Japan with the 360

iphone sucks :rofl:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information