Thread: Minecraft was the UK's best-selling new IP of the decade

Blog Entries

Default Minecraft was the UK's best-selling new IP of the decade

Minecraft is the biggest new games IP of the past ten years, based on UK retail sales.

That's according to GfK Entertainment, which tracks UK retail sales, and factors in the various console versions (published by their respective platform holders), plus the Telltale-developed Story Mode.

Minecraft appeared third in the overall best-selling games of the decade. The rest of the top ten was taken up by Grand Theft Auto V, three Call of Duty titles and no less than five FIFAs -- something we discussed at length last week.

In that article, we lamented the lack of new ideas and properties in the upper echelons of the chart. There were, of course, plenty of innovations and new franchises launched over the past ten years, including the toys-to-life genre (which rose and fell within the same decade) and the arrival of virtual reality, but these were overshadowed by the usual AAA blockbusters.

Curious as to how well any of these emerging franchises fared, GamesIndustry.biz reached out to GfK Entertainment to gauge which new IP had been the most successful. For the sake of clarity, we defined new IP as a property that debuted in the last decade, unconnected to any previous existing brand (e.g. Forza Horizon, while a new series, is still part of the Forza IP).

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...-of-the-decade

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster View Post
    Minecraft appeared third in the overall best-selling games of the decade. The rest of the top ten was taken up by Grand Theft Auto V, three Call of Duty titles and no less than five FIFAs -- something we discussed at length last week.[/url]
    It should be first, it is the best game ever

How reliable is it? I mean, will it negatively affect internet connection or access to other applications?
    I would prefer to use this address: 192.168.0.1. For me, this is more feasible than what you suggest.
    I am more than sure that for professional players, this would be a helpful trick because IP is an essential part of the process, and even the slightest malfunction is unacceptable here... That's why I advise this way because the result of this I have already experienced.

DCEmu Newbie

<p>
    Guys, to join a minecraft server, find a server, for example, I found my favorite server here - minecraft servers&nbsp; and select the one you like from the list, and also get detailed information about the Internet protocol on the website. There is nothing complicated about this, but after reading the review, you will be able to play on the best servers.</p>

Thread Information