Thread: does the garage door open by itself?

DCEmu Rookie

Default does the garage door open by itself?

The Genie has an automatic garage door opener, and it started opening and closing by itself. I live off the road far enough away that no one else will activate it. There have been no thunderstorms with lightning recently. There is a strong wind blowing now, but I don't see how it will affect him. I'm just curious, have any of you guys ever come across something like this? The first time I noticed that he was doing this, this morning.... I looked out of the house and saw that it was open, and I thought that I must have forgotten to close it ( which would be doubtful), and when I looked out a few minutes later, it was closed. I even went out and looked, and there was a light on inside the opener-as if it was just used.....so I know I'm not imagining anything, LOL. Do you have any ideas ???

It's creepy.. what happened?

Maybe an animal has entered your property? Raccoons sometimes come into my yard in Oregon

Have you checked if any unwanted guests have entered your property? I hope not. In any case, check if everything is in place at your home. Tell me more about how the automatic mechanism on your garage door works? Does it open as you approach the door? If so, there should be a function to lock this, at least overnight; otherwise, it will let even stray animals inside.
    I asked Garage Door Repair Near Me put an automatic mechanism on my door too. But it works through a remote control that I take with me in the car and activates when I draw into the yard. The doors also open mechanically. It's handy if the light goes out at home.

Quote Originally Posted by lukemitch View Post
    Have you checked if any unwanted guests have entered your property? I hope not. In any case, check if everything is in place at your home. Tell me more about how the automatic mechanism on your garage door works? Does it open as you approach the door? If so, there should be a function to lock this, at least overnight; otherwise, it will let even stray animals inside. I asked Garage Door Repair Near Me put an automatic mechanism on my door too. But it works through a remote control that I take with me in the car and activates when I draw into the yard. The doors also open mechanically. It's handy if the light goes out at home.
    I have such an automatic mechanism as well, and I've never had issues with it. I have a lot of stuff in my garage so every time I leave, I make sure the door is closed.

Thread Information