Thread: Review: Sumo Omni and Otto Bean Bag Chairs

Reviews Webmaster/Reviewer bandit's Avatar

Reviews Review: Sumo Omni and Otto Bean Bag Chairs

Sumo Omni and Otto Bean Bag Chairs
    Manufacturer: Sumo Lounge
    Site: Buy from Sumo Lounge
    Price: $129.00 (Omni) / $75.00 (Otto) / $50.00 (Beads)

Overview :
    OMNI
    This super-sized pillow by Sumo is the ultimate solution for all your relaxing needs. We've come up with 10 ways to use it, but some people say we lack imagination!

It's a crash mat, lounge chair, loveseat or floor pillow to name a few, but the possibilities really do go on.

Sumo Beanbags are made from space age rip-proof nylon and come filled with top quality Sumo Beads. Omni is 4.5' x 5.5' and it only weighs 18 lbs!

OTTO
    Whether you're looking for a comfy place to rest your feet or a seat in front of the coffee table, the Otto is the perfect accessory to match your space.

Sumo Beanbags are made from space age rip-proof nylon and come filled with top quality Sumo Beads. Otto is 50cm radius and it only weighs only 5 lbs!

Features : (Omni)
    • Space age, rip proof nylon
    • Little foam beads
    • Huge - 5.5 x 4.5 feet
    • Lightweight
    • Versatile - 10 in 1
    • Colorful
    • Water repellant
    • Stain resistant
    • Easy to clean
    • Incredibly comfortable

Quality/Usability : I have been looking for some type of furniture that would let me lean back, play games or watch TV and be comfortable. Yes, I can do that on my leather/suede couch but its not the same. I have to slouch or lay sideways which makes gaming difficult. I can also use the lazyboy but I'm positioned in one way. I dont have the control or the ability to adjust how I sit according to my mood/comfortability.

Bean bag chairs came into popularity in the 1960s and 1970s as a hip, comfortable new family room or living room seating option. The chairs' construction consists of a large bag made of fabric or plastic that is filled with tiny pieces of styrofoam or PVC beads. The chair is positioned directly on the floor and forms around the contour of the body when seated upon. However, Sumo Lounge has improved on the hip bean bag chairs turning it into a modernized bean bag chair.

The Omni has 10 colors to choose from while Otto is 2 colors shy with 8 colors to choose from. Both are made of rip proof nylon filled with Virgin Polystyrene Foam, also known as little foam beads. Sumo beads are tiny little foam balls, polystyrene foam to be specific, that conform to your body like nothing else. That's what the bean bags so comfortable - the little foam balls. Sumo Lounge says there is 10 ways to use it. Do I agree? Yes. Are there other ways to use the Omni? Only your imagination can tell you and thats probably a yes also.

The Omni was light in weight making portability easy to move around the house even up and down the stairs. I'm 5' 9" and the size was perfect for me. I was able to fit my body nice and snuggly into it. The foam balls contoured my body nicely. On the side is a velcro enclosure. Once you separate the velcro, it will reveal a zipper. This is where all the foam balls are stored. So if you ever need to refill or replace the foam balls, this is where you will do so. The velcro adds extra security in case you forget to close up the zipper or your child from accidentally unzipping it.

The Otto was also light in weight and had a velcro but attached itself to the side of the Otto and a zipper inside. What I did notice was the part of the zipper that we grab onto to zip/unzip, wasnt a full piece. More than half of it was missing. I'm not sure if this was a production mistake or intended to be like this. If it was intended to be cut in half, I dont know what the reason for that was. Maybe this allowed the velcro to cover more of the area? Even so, the velcro overlapped the zipper allowing it to prevent access to zipper or the foam beads.

Conclusion : Overall, Sumo Omni and Otto Bean Bag Chairs were very durable and a perfect size. The Omni contoured my body nicely. Once I was situated in a position, I did not move around. I probably could of stayed in that one position for hours. Although the Omni is perfect for one person, you can try and squeeze in a second person. Granted, there wont be a lot of room, but will bring you closer to your loved one. It was so comfy that both my sister and my girlfriend passed out on the Omni.

The Otto(man) with the combination of the Omni makes the perfect "couch" with footrest. The Otto is a perfect height. The Otto isnt filled completely with foam balls and is not stiff so it will contour your foot slightly but not enough where your foot will sink into it. You can also use the Omni as a little stool to sit on. I personally would of preferred it to be a little stiffer.

However, since its made of nylon, you'll be making some sound while moving around. It would be nice if Sumo Lounge offered a suede or cloth version.

*UPDATE*
    It seems to me that I received a defective Otto. The zipper handle was not suppose to be cut off. Also, upon closer inspection, even though the zipper is completely closed, the other end of the zipper is open. Luckily, the velcro prevents any foam balls from coming out. But if you ever have a problem, Sumo provides a six month guarantee on material composition, seams and Velcro/zipper closure. I contacted Sumo Lounge in regards to the problem and they have been quick to responding to my emails.

Images via comments
    Last edited by bandit; June 18th, 2008 at 17:46.
    Follow us (1KIND Photography): Website | YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
    Follow Us (DCEmu Reviews): YouTube | Facebook | Twitter

DCEmu Newbie

hey

found some more reviews att testseek: http://www.testseek.co.uk/house/home...8A53148F9.html

Why is your review at their page? It is really a top review!?

Thread Information