Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New PSP firmware adds Google search

psp New PSP firmware adds Google search

via Computer and Video Games

PSP firmware version 4.00 is on its way "soon", Sony has officially confirmed, adding a new Google search option into your handheld's XMB (Xross Media Bar).

Once installed, the new firmware will boast an Internet Search option within the Network icon that will apparently bring up the same internet search results as a full-fat Google search on PC.

"Click on the XMB's Network icon and then the new Internet Search icon. Enter your keywords and then let Google's algorithms do the work. You'll need to be connected to the Internet via a wireless access point or Wi-Fi hotspot," explains Sony.

And video playback has also been tweaked, now allowing you to speed up and slow down playback of videos streaming from your memory card with the up and down D-pad buttons. Nice and simple - can't think why that wasn't added sooner.

Sony hasn't put an exact time on the firmware release, so just keep checking the System Update option on your PSP, or keep an eye on the official update page.

Wow, they are really pulling out all the stops for the big 4.00.

*rolls eyes*
    PSN (PS3/PS4/Vita)/NintendoID - Triv1umx
    Steam - Rjinswand
    Runescape - Rjinswand

they make it seem as if a google search is some amazing new thing we couldnt do before. i alweays thought theyd pull out something useful for 4.0, divx support or something.

DCEmu Rookie

All those rumours about what 4.00 will contain and we end up with this, what we want at least is divx playback and i know psp is struggling to keep developers wanting to create games but when sony won't give us some of the basic things we expect it's no wonder the psp is slowly dying

Why should they do something special for 4.00? It's just a version number. They ran out of .1 increments in v3, and now it's time to go to 4. It's that simple.

DCEmu Pro

Quote Originally Posted by simonjhall View Post
    They ran out of .1 increments in v3, and now it's time to go to 4.
    Ah, but they still have plenty of .01 increments to play with!

hardly popstation is it?

DCEmu Rookie

Why can't u folks see it? $ony is just another greedy company with the intention to take ur money ...

They just don't want to implement good and entertaining features ... all they want is to make u buy addditional stuff u don't even want ... therefore, they offer "great" features like a ****IN google "addon" and hide another attempt to prevent CFWs in the new FW ...

It's just rubbish ... u really think they'll offer u divX? LOL forget it! They can't make money from it? It coysts them money? They won't make it! $ony is good in engineering high-tech parts together to form a great piece of hardware and to sell it at a rediculously high price .... but nothing else ... they've laughed at the Wii and lok where it is now: Outselling $ony products!

Don't hope that U'll see any good new features in further Firmwares ... the only reason for them to implement Skype into the new FWs was the hope to boost the selling of PSP Slims, since not all features of Skype work on the old one ... another thing that is not limited by hardware, but software, as we've seen in an impressive homebrew attempt! $ony just doesn'T want fat users to be able to use the entire software on old PSPs ... because if u want the features, u should buy the Slim version .. ADDITIONALLY to ur expensive investment, the old one!

Comming back to the FW 4.0 ... Don't install it, don't use it ... that's all one can say about it ... a piece of software that no1 needs!

Oh, and b4 I forget it: I doN't use the (pretty rubbish) browser of the PSP, but afaik, google.com wasn'T blocked by the browser before 4.0, was it? so what's the news here? LMFAO!

First off...That rant was irritating to read. If they wanted to block firmware why not put *Added Security like they did in the past. They don't care whether or not people know it. Plus stop using the "$ony" thing. Yes, they wanna make money. EVERYONE WANTS TO MAKE MONEY. So really why not just start everyone's name witha dollar sign. Also, this is a pointless addon but did this post also say what else was being added...I think not. So quit judging this early.

I do agree that I $hould u$e dollar $ign everywhere. It make$ me $uper awe$ome!

Edit:

I po$ted 64 po$t$? It $eems impo$$ible... I never po$t!
    Last edited by Milleniumas; June 17th, 2008 at 22:36.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information