Thread: Some Roof Shed Questions

Default Some Roof Shed Questions

I bought a wooden shed kit from Costco that doesn't come with shingles. I've never roofed anything before! The shed is a basic flat one-sloped roof from high to low.

Two questions:

- I bought some synthetic roofing underlayment that covers about 500sqft. I only need 100sqft. Any issues with doing two layers? The roof is only 7/16 OSB so I'd like as much protection as I can get, and it's "free"

- Shannon, I watched your roofing video and you discussed a starter strip. I bought architectural shingles since they were "better" and I only need 4 boxes so the price difference wasn't a big deal over 3-tab. Is there any way I can use the architectural shingles instead of buying a box of 3-tab just for a starter strip? The backside of the shed is facing a green belt so any minor "lumps" won't really be seen..

Quote Originally Posted by CameronMcGrath View Post
    I bought a wooden shed kit from Costco that doesn't come with shingles. I've never roofed anything before! The shed is a basic flat one-sloped roof from high to low. Two questions: - I bought some synthetic roofing underlayment that covers about 500sqft. I only need 100sqft. Any issues with doing two layers? The roof is only 7/16 OSB so I'd like as much protection as I can get, and it's "free" - Shannon, I watched your roofing video and you discussed a starter strip. I bought architectural shingles since they were "better" and I only need 4 boxes so the price difference wasn't a big deal over 3-tab. Is there any way I can use the architectural shingles instead of buying a box of 3-tab just for a starter strip? The backside of the shed is facing a green belt so any minor "lumps" won't really be seen..
    Your idea is not bad, so you made a pretty good choice

Hey, roof covering strips are good, but not permanently effective for rain and snow. At least, for my house they were not useful at all, so I took them off the roof. If you have not yet made the order or paid, I would advise you to look at what is on https://affordableroofingmd.com. possible to find something more qualitative, plus to be specific to your home. How strange it would not be, but depending on the climate you have, you need to cover the roof with different additional layers, so do not forget about this.

Thread Information