Thread: Cancelled DW's life insurance policy

Default Cancelled DW's life insurance policy

I finally did something that's been on the procrastination list for ages. I cancelled my wife's life insurance policy. One of the questions we had when we met with the CFP recently was if we needed it for any reason and he agreed that we don't, so out it goes.

Premium is only a tad over $600/year but why pay for it if we don't need it. I'd rather cut the monthly expenses by $51.

I also asked our agent about cancelling one of my disability policies. He answered and said he wanted to check on that because he thinks my policies, which are 30 years old, have lifetime benefits that are no longer available anywhere in the industry and might be worth keeping until I actually retire. I'm open to hearing his answer before I make a final decision.

DCEmu Newbie

Why did you cancel your life insurance policy?

DCEmu Newbie

It's very interesting to me too. Why did you cancel your life insurance policy? What do you mean you don't need it anymore? I don't quite understand it. I recently bought life insurance for my wife and me from https://www.lifeinsuranceblog.net/5-...e-policy-cost/. Not so long ago, my sister died, and her children were left without money, a home, or anything ... I don't even want this in theory for my children. Of course, if I bought life insurance, this does not mean that I will definitely die. I'm just so calm. If something happens to us, my children will be able to continue their lives and not need anything.

Thread Information