Thread: 25 th anniversary of MSX - Ron Gives a preview of his New MSX Emu for Dreamcast

Blog Entries

Dreamcast 25 th anniversary of MSX - Ron Gives a preview of his New MSX Emu for Dreamcast

News via Dreamcast.ES:

To celebrate the 25th anniversary of MSX and its consequent MadriSX to be held on Saturday June 28, he seized the time and fMSX of Marat Fayzullin has finished landing on Dreamcast.

A coder for Dreamcast (ltk666) conducted in 2005/2006 port of fMSX for Dreamcast, but not released at the time that the source was already ready for DC and he tenído to return to port.

In this case the emulator is now fully playable and manageable from the pad, and read DSK (Floppy images as well as ROMS).

At the moment does not read compressed files but if you need a keyboard just have to plug the Dreamcast and voila! MSX with a CD.

The end of the video is that I conteis speed as you see, in my opinion goes a Pelin faster than the Original MSX, but I have good even a full week ahead to debug and put more videos for those who controlais of MSX I echeis a hand with the timmings.

One of the important things is that the video is full screen, so when connected to TV gives a very realistic feeling. The emulator is still in alpha stage, so you see on the video is not definitive and is subject to change, accepting suggestions.

A greeting to all

Great news.
    I always thought the Msx was under appreciated.
    Is good to see further work on this great emu.
    Thanks Ron.

Thread Information