Thread: PS3 will beat PS2, says Sony president

ps3 PS3 will beat PS2, says Sony president

via gamezine

The PS3, which at the moment doesn't look like getting close to achieving the sales necessary to beat the PS2, will pick up pace soon, says Mr Reeves.

"The PS3 install base is growing faster that the PS2's was at this point in its lifecycle," he said. "The next five years are going to be turbulent.

"[But] I think it is going to be the most exciting period that we have ever seen in the past ten years of video games."

Despite the Wii's relative dominance in the market at the moment, Reeves believes the future will be kinder to Sony.

"We welcome all competition. Whatever happens, we are all going to do well. We should celebrate the growth of the industry."

DCEmu Newbie

bull$#@!

Back in the day, the PS2 was already over Gamecube and Xbox.

It won't.
    PSN (PS3/PS4/Vita)/NintendoID - Triv1umx
    Steam - Rjinswand
    Runescape - Rjinswand

The PS2 seemed to have won it's generation before it was even released, there was so much anticipation for it. It was massive and made everything else obsolete, particularly the Dreamcast, and it also brought DVDs to a wider audience. It did all this with no games that could be described as 'great' in it's first year.

The PS3 also has had no truly great games in it's first year (as I understand it, I haven't actually played any myself), but has not had anywhere near the anticipation or impact of the PS2. MGS looks amazing though, and so does the next GT game, so maybe things are on the up.

I think it will do well, but the only way it could outsell the Wii is if it started outselling it weekly from now on.

Thread Information