Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Current Status on All 3 Fronts

is it about dragons?

DCEmu Newbie

Yes the game does revolve around dragons a bit, and I was wondering if there was any new news on the progress of the Breath of Fire III translation?

PSP Coder

yeah sorry. Just been super bussy in many areas atm. I have been researching into font replacement for a complete english font. Nobody wants an RPG ALL IN CAPS. :P

The current font has no lower case or special characters used in french, spanish & german. So i am trying to fix that so maybe in the future if someone wants to join up and take care of other languages they can.

My ultimate goal is making this game my b***h! So we can go as far as sprite replacement if someone wish to give the characters a make over or modernize everything. :P

Oh, the other thing I am busy with is learning 3d for work. I am primarly a comercial 2d gba coder and I am getting up to date so I can do 3d on the psp & ds in the near future. Having fun now trying to right bsp loader for quake 2 maps.

DCEmu Newbie

no need to be sorry I appreciate what you're doing, but you're not going to change the look of the game are you?

PSP Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Magoichid
    no need to be sorry I appreciate what you're doing, but you're not going to change the look of the game are you?
    No personaly I wont but my ultimate goal is to map out the whole game so someone can if they wish.

I can translate the game from english to french if you wish ... but i'll need some time to learn how to handle the EMI files ... I'll try to search in them with an hex editor, just to see ...
    tell me if you are interested...
    I think it would be a good idea just to release the modified EMI files, no need to give the entire iso, I don't support piracy, it's a good game, everyone who wants to play it, just BUY IT !
    I'll buy it when i am sure that i can understand all the dialogs and menus... I played it a long time ago on PSone, but I assume that I forgot almost all the things to do in this game

DCEmu Newbie

I don't understand a word of French, but it would be a good idea for all those french people who want to play some BoF III. Wouldn't be a bit faster to just do the translation, release it, and then do the rest of the things that you wanted to do and release that in a later update, so all the people who just want the translation have it. I don't know how complicated what you're trying to do is, or how far along you are, so sorry if that sounded like a completely idiotic idea.

sounds good to me too... i don't plan to change the graphics coz' they looks pretty good for me ... so i plan to work only on french translation of the game , if i can access to english one

PSP Coder

There is still alot of work to be figured out. I have yet to figure out how to disassemble an EMI file into proper blocks. I also have yet to figure out how to replace the font, Untill that is done other languages cant be done and an english release right now WOULD LOOK LIKE THIS << uppercase/caps.

There is still much work to be done.

DCEmu Newbie

what I meant was to finish the english translation, doing the upper/lower case and all that, and release it, and then work on any other modifications you wanted to make.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information