Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: MPlayerWii - Native MPlayer port for the Wii

Default Mplayer also crashed

I also experienced a crash when I tried to play a file. Here is the code dump and stats on the file.

Last edited by pcartwright81; September 3rd, 2008 at 02:43.

DCEmu Newbie

I had the same

DCEmu Newbie

Default USB Drive Support

My First thing to say is congratulations on all the great work you are doing, this is amazing stuff.

I am running v0.5 and have had success with USB hardrive after i reformatted it to FAT32.

It does have some issues with some filetypes but I'm not too worried about this as I'm sure this will mature in time.

One point for people using external hardrives and they dont see any file structure is that mplayer/wii does not seem to spin up the drive so what i have to do is turn the wii on and then turn the power off then on and listen and feel the drive to ensure that its spinning fine, then launch mplayer and look in the usb. this worked for me.

My question is, I am in the market for buying a NAS and I want it to work with the wii. I am ideally looking at a mybook world which is neither ntfs or Fat ( he WD NetCenter and WD My Book World Edition hard drive uses a proprietary file system and cannot be reformatted as FAT32, NTFS, or a Macintosh File System. The file system on the WD NetCenter and the WD My Book World Edition hard drive supports access from Windows, Macintosh and most Linux based computer systems through a SAMBA network sharing connection.)

Has anyone tried connecting one of these had any joy at all?

any other reccomendations for nas devices, I need to be able to put a torrent client on it which is why i was looking at the mybook.

I've seen the freecom one which maybe a goer but liked the sound of the 3yr guarentee on the mybook.

anyone got any thoughts?

DCEmu Newbie

Unhappy

tried to play this:
    stream = smb://administrator:[email protected]/olddesktop/2hourlongmovie.avi
    got this after about 30 seconds or so:
    [img=http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/6716/crashlc0.jpg]
    Last edited by yossi; September 18th, 2008 at 06:06. Reason: my home server didn't like the image trafic load

I know that this is a little out of left field, but Add .DPG files to the list of playablity (somewhat.) They kinda play, but its at like double the speed and no sound.

DCEmu Newbie

Does anyone know if it's possible to stream a movie from VLC on my PC to MPlayerWii?

And how exactly does one set that up? (if it is possible)
    I can't find any decent instructions for this... =/ (at least nothing that works.)

DCEmu Newbie

Hi, Some friends and I were looking into doing some development in this project. fcorbier and others working on this, have you considered getting a hosting site like source forge, etc? I wouldn't mind setting up and maintaining one if people used it. I think it makes sense to collaborate this way. Let me know what you think.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by bufke View Post
    Hi, Some friends and I were looking into doing some development in this project. fcorbier and others working on this, have you considered getting a hosting site like source forge, etc? I wouldn't mind setting up and maintaining one if people used it. I think it makes sense to collaborate this way. Let me know what you think.
    I think is a good idea.

My friend Hermes (Guitafun creator) has improved a lot libfat, now the read/write speed is optimized on fragmented files and the fat table access is optimized.
    Also Marcan has told me that libogc from hackmii git has modifications to use bigger mallocs so I can increase mplayer cache to 1024.
    I've recompile MPlayerWii and I've tested and now I can watch films smoothly.

Sources:
    libfat:
    http://mods.elotrolado.net/~hermes/l..._hermes_v2.rar
    You have to replace usbstorage.c from libfat root to /libogc/libogc

template.c from MplayerWii sources
    http://www.mediafire.com/?mowzunzmgyh

libogc:
    git clone git://hackmii.com/home/ogcgit/libogc

Compiled MPlayerWii
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ty4wmyyclny

Regards

DCEmu Newbie

NikoKun
    You can download shoutcast server, winamp and winamp plug-in for shoutcast , and easily broadcast music from your computer to WII
    http://shoutcast.com/
    there is also a lot of free radio station availible on this website , worth a try .

DCEmu Coder

New version 0.06 released that contains rodries USB improvements.

What's new:
    -huge speedup on USB devices (thanks to rodries and Hermes)
    -added classic controller support to position and scale the video display

http://ronwarez.com/mplayerwii/

Thread Information