Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: MPlayerWii - Native MPlayer port for the Wii

Great work mate! Works well. Thanks for the hard work!

This might be a very stupid question but I have a widescreen (16:9) TV and the aspect ratio is all out of wack. Is there any way to correct this?

Great Player! it played lost so smoothly!
    please improve the design later! use your time to include subtitles!
    thx!!!!

I'd like to start off by thanking you for bringing this to the Wii. It's exactly what I needed and is the perfect compliment to my "slim-PS2-as-a-DVD-player" setup.

Despite the fact that this is only build 0.02, this is working incredibly well and I've had no crashes or anything like that.

Do have a few minor issues though:

.AVI files seem to have issues playing. Either I experience some severe slowdown or the image has about 60% of the screen as random squares of color, and the part that is actually watchable only seems to update for the first minute. The slowdown occurs with AVI files that I recorded using FRAPPS. AVI files that get the pixel blocks were made from FLVs using ZAMZAR to convert them. I don't really have any other AVI files to test out how they play.

.FLV either plays perfectly, or it plays with the image twisted around the screen. It looks like every line starting from the top is offset 1 square to the left of the line above it.(dunno how many pixels this "square" would equate to, but it's fairly uniform the whole way down) whatever part of the line goes offscreen ends up wrapping around to the right side of the screen, so you end up with what looks like three diagonal stripes of video playing that run from top right to bottom left.
    This occurs most commonly with FLV files that have had subtitles applied to them. However even though the files end up distorted, the subtitles still show up, though they end up distorted the same way.
    Even though this is most common with subtitled FLVs, this isn't true for ALL subtitled FLVs. So it may actually be unrelated to that.

I hope that will help with I'll check what the particular file properties are if someone tells me what to look for and how.

Now for my "most wanted features list"

1) File organization - nothing huge, I just don't like having to put all the videos on the root of my SD card. I'd like to be able to put my music files and video files in separate folders, maybe create folders to allow me to segregate up videos that belong to the same series.
    It'd also be nice if you allowed support for cameras so that you could access the folders that cameras store videos in and watch them directly.

2) Subtitle Support: the other's who have posted this are right, subtitles would be nice for this type of thing

3) Internal Volume Control: sure, I can use the TV remote to do this, but I've already got the Wii remote in my hands, just attach volume up and volume down to the - and + buttons. I realize it's not as simple to do as just that, but it'd really be nice. In order to hear any of the videos I run, I have to turn my TV volume way up, and then when I get back to the Wii main menu, it's practically ear splitting.

4) Play videos in series: right now, if you reach the end of the video, it either plays it back over again, or boots you out of the video back to the selection screen. Any chance of having videos in the same folder being counted as a series so it'll play through everything in the folder before starting back at the beginning?
    Playlists could also be made easy by providing support for the player to access files via shortcuts. just dump all your videos and music into one folder and then make separate folders with just teh shortcuts to those files in them to create your playlists.

That's all I can think of to improve that. I mean, sure, it'd be nice to update the music player with a little visual support, and maybe have a graphics interface and timer for the player that pops up when you press the 1 or 2 buttons, but that's all gravy.

Hopefully this all didn't come across as being greedy and demanding. I'm just trying to offer some feedback and encouragement on this project. I really like what it's already done, and I really like where it's headed. If I can get those issues I mentioned addressed, it'll pretty much clinch this as THE must have homebrew application for the Wii, for me at least.

EDIT: Oh, and just in case it matters, I'm running this on a standard CRT monitor in NTSC region.
    Last edited by Grey Acumen; July 10th, 2008 at 07:44.

DCEmu Newbie

I have over scan problem since my TV is not a LCD so my subtitle for my animes are off the screen is there gonna be an option in the future which solve this problem ?

DCEmu Newbie

Fantastic media player :thumbup: ! ...

I already tested v0.02 and I got these bugs:

When you play an MPEG-2 file, many "blocks" appears on the screen and the playback is too fast ...

Here's an screenshot of the problem:
    Last edited by wichoxp; July 10th, 2008 at 07:57.

DCEmu Newbie

this is AMAZING. great work coder!!!!
    divx, h.264 look incredible and smooth.
    plus, this blows my mind more than anything, .flac files play great!!!!
    flac support on the wii !!! this is insane. show me a donation button, i will gladly donate cuz this sh*t rules.

DCEmu Newbie

Didn't tried, but subtitles should work, just rename them to the same name of the video:
    * mymovie.avi
    * mymovie.srt

DCEmu Newbie

Hey man, haven't you ever thought of bringing the file browsing function to the app? It's just like a mess to put all the media files at the root of the SD card

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by scognito View Post
    Didn't tried, but subtitles should work, just rename them to the same name of the video:
    * mymovie.avi
    * mymovie.srt
    Does not work for me.

Default What i've been waiting for

Thank you very much for working on this fcorbier. I've been waiting for an MPlayer based app for Wii ever since i bought it, so this is really, really good news.

Great job so far.

Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information