Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [RELEASE]Wolfenstein 3D V4.7 - Game Loader Menu + Sound Fix!

Thumbs up [RELEASE]Wolfenstein 3D V4.7 - Game Loader Menu + Sound Fix!

Hey guys.

Today was my last day off work, so I put in extra effort and finished the game loader & "fixed" the sound.

The sound is slightly faster, but 100% clear in the sound fix version. The only problem with it are the guards voices, they sound like they have inhaled helium. Aside from that, it sounds great.

The sound fix is only a test, for the sound to be perfect for everything I need to re-write the sound core, which will take time.

The game loader is 100% complete. I think it is great, however if you guys want it changing just ask

It starts up, and you pick your game, simple as that No more having 6 eboots clogging up your xmb game menu

The file structure has completely changed. From now on you have to put the game in this directory for it to work :

PSP/GAME/

The wolf3d layout has also changed :

PSP/GAME/Wolf_3D/Files/"GAME NAME HERE"

There are 6 folders. Each correctly named. You place the game files in as normal into these folders.

Important :

1) I found out why Spears Of Destiny Episode 3 was so unstable. For some reason you have to have savefiles in there to make it stable. I have included 2 save files in that folder . Don't delete them or you will have issues. This game also has to have a CONFIG.SOD file in there. It is the ONLY one that requires it.

2) Spears Of Destiny Episode 3 is the ONLY game that needs the CONFIG file. Make sure you DO NOT have a CONFIG file in the folder of any of the other games or it WILL NOT WORK. This keeps coming up and up, so please heed it this time.

Note For people who want to use the 1992 Wolf3D Full Version CD Files. Please only download the "Wolf3D V4.7 - Normal Sound + For 1992 CD Version" or the "Wolf3D V4.7 - Sound Fix+ For 1992 CD Version" releases.

To try out the version with the sound fix, download the appropriate :"Sound Fix" version below. If you would like the new version with the same sound as the previous release download the appropriate "normal sound" release below.

Next release probably wont be for 1-2 weeks

Thanks and enjoy it

Screens :

Game Loader Menu Screenshot :

Screenshot from Spears Of Destiny Episode 3 :

Download & Give Feedback Via Comments
    Last edited by Zack; July 8th, 2008 at 01:34.
    My Business (Games, Apps & More):

Gremlin Interactive

DCEmu Rookie

Dude... YOU... ARE... THE MAN! This is the best release of yours so far, thanks for the extra effort in making another release before you head back to work. I know how the work life is (I work 12 to 14 hours a day/ 5 days a week) and I'd rather relax at home and hang with my wife or friends after the work day ends. Thanks for the update, I'll be busy playing around with this during my off time, I'll be sure to report any problems and... suggestions ! Can't wait for your next update to this great port of yours !
    Last edited by da1writer; July 8th, 2008 at 02:36.

DCEmu Newbie

well i tried the sound fix version and the 1992+sound fix version and neither work for spear part 1 and wolfenstein.... i see the choice menu, then when i select which game i would like to choose, i get the boot and an error @ the xmb.

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Fr0sTy View Post
    well i tried the sound fix version and the 1992+sound fix version and neither work for spear part 1 and wolfenstein.... i see the choice menu, then when i select which game i would like to choose, i get the boot and an error @ the xmb.
    Cd Version works, did you remove the config file from sod1 and wolf3d? A config file is only allowed in the sod 3 folder.

Zack, it seems you also fixed the Wolfenstein bug where the game would crash/freeze if you let the game go past the WOlfenstien main scree/play the demos. You got mad skill dude, you truly brought a few tears to my eyes with your newest update! Your really outdid your self and went abovand and beyond in making this the best port of wolfenstein... period! Thanks again, the helium people and dogs are hilarious by the by the way :rofl: !

Crap, I found the first bug, It's not to problematic though. You can even reproduce the bug easily Zack. Put some headphones on and start playing wolf3d. Now open any door... hear that! Crackling of the sound department for a second. In actuality, the crackle in the sound happens anytime you press the triangle button in the game. Strange...
    Last edited by da1writer; July 8th, 2008 at 03:04.

Quote Originally Posted by da1writer View Post
    Crap, I found the first bug, It's not to problematic though. You can even reproduce the bug easily Zack. Put some headphones on and start playing wolf3d. Now open any door... hear that! Crackling of the sound department for a second. In actuality, the crackle in the sound happens anytime you press the triangle button in the game. Strange...
    That's not a bug, dude. Try it on DOSBox on your PC. It does the same thing. It's supposed to be one of those things to let you know you're pushing the Open key. DOS games. :rofl:

EDIT: Tried the non-sound fix version and Shareware didn't give me any video on my PSP. (Fat 4.01 M33-2) As for the sound fixed one, it works nicely. But man, you should have said everything is higher pitched. Because it is. I figured out why though. I'm pretty sure it's because you've got the game going too fast. The soldiers shoot at me a lot faster than they normally would. Doors seem to open faster than usual. Etc etc.
    Last edited by AshTR; July 8th, 2008 at 03:32.

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by AshTR View Post
    That's not a bug, dude. Try it on DOSBox on your PC. It does the same thing. It's supposed to be one of those things to let you know you're pushing the Open key. DOS games. :rofl:

EDIT: Tried the non-sound fix version and Shareware didn't give me any video on my PSP. (Fat 4.01 M33-2) As for the sound fixed one, it works nicely. But man, you should have said everything is higher pitched. Because it is. I figured out why though. I'm pretty sure it's because you've got the game going too fast. The soldiers shoot at me a lot faster than they normally would. Doors seem to open faster than usual. Etc etc.
    Oh, Nevermind then, I thought it was suppose to be grunting like duke nukem, my bad. I believe you are right again AshTR about maybe the game is moving too fast, I noticed it as well. Maybe it should be slowed down a bit and maybe upping the 222mhz to 333mhz might resolve the crackling issue. What do you think AshTR?

Oh, Nevermind then, I thought it was suppose to be grunting like duke nukem, my bad. I believe you are right again AshTR about maybe the game is moving too fast, I noticed it as well. Maybe it should be slowed down a bit and maybe upping the 222mhz to 333mhz might resolve the crackling issue. What do you think AshTR?
    Sounds good, I guess. Here's a example of what it SHOULD be like: http://youtube.com/watch?v=UQtFhemoRRg

EDIT: You'll also see the crackling noise in there too. It's part of the game.
    Last edited by AshTR; July 8th, 2008 at 04:18.

DCEmu Newbie

no config file in my installs da1writer....

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Fr0sTy View Post
    no config file in my installs da1writer....
    Well then... maybe I can help you out ! I'll PM you shortly.

First things first though.
    AshTR, Can you confirm something for me? Is it just me or does episode 3 crash often? I've gone into a room once, shot a dude and then turned left to shoot the next guy and got booted to the xmb. Does episode 3 crash often for you? I think episode 3 must be very unstable for some reason, hopefully Zack can pinpoint the problem ...

AshTR, Can you confirm something for me? Is it just me or does episode 3 crash often? I've gone into a room once, shot a dude and then turned left to shoot the next guy and got booted to the xmb. Does episode 3 crash often for you? I think episode 3 must be very unstable for some reason, hopefully Zack can pinpoint the problem ...
    I've just been trying episode 1, but I guess I can try episode 3. Which version of the files are you using?

Also, I noticed that I occasionally get this problem where right after I select the game version I want, I hear the sound but there's nothing on-screen. Like the video just fails.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information