Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Guitarfun 2.7

I gotta say this is fantastic. This is the kind of thing that we can wave at big N and say "HEY, look what we can do!!!" major props to the GuitarFun team.

I do have a few things that came up as issues however:
    -The sync, its slightly off yes, but the songs I tried weren't really noticeable, I only noticed because I was expecting it after reading this thread.
    -(using the wii-gh3 guitar) there is no method of pausing, to either change settings, restart the song, quit the song, etc.
    -The Refresh Songs menu item does not actually work. I loaded the game with 7 songs on an sd, played them all, then took the card out, erased the 7, added 3 and put the card back in. pressed Refresh Songs, and it starts to give an error. the program has to be quit (back to HBC) then re-launched for the songs to be read from the card.
    -I would also suggest adding a Gameplay Options menu wherein there would be settings that can be changed for Screen lag, Grace period for hitting notes, as well as grace period for HOs/POs
    -Most of the time that I hit a chord (usualy did this on 2 note chords) I would receive credit for 1 of the notes, but not both, then it would register the second one as a different strum, and I then lose the streak, points, and music.
    -When playing, say blue with a rapid altering between blue and green, if I wanted to hold green and blue and strum to hit blue, it should work....thats classic guitar hero functionality, that is not the case. It registers that as a chord being played and acts acordingly (not hitting the blue note).

Also, i like the "3 note special" function. Especially because that implements the same functionality that my ACE program does ACE thread reading the Expert chart and deriving the easier charts from that.
    Last edited by problues99; July 10th, 2008 at 15:30.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by problues99 View Post
    -(using the wii-gh3 guitar) there is no method of pausing, to either change settings, restart the song, quit the song, etc.
    You have to hold down the first four fret buttons () while you hit Start. That pops up the pause menu where you can either continue or quit to the song selection screen.

The author said he did this to prevent people from accidently pausing the game.

Edit: By the way, I tried using a PS2 guitar with my PSX->USB adapter (Radio Shack brand). It didn't work.
    Last edited by TechRat; July 10th, 2008 at 16:49.

DCEmu Newbie

I'm having serious problems with this release.

1st. Can't even get it to load up in the Homebrew Channel Beta 8

2nd. Channel doesn't work either.

Help, because this is the only homebrew I really like.

EDIT: I realized, I am missing an icon and a meta file. Wondering why didn't I get one; and could someone supply them for me; on Mediafire

2.7b
    Last edited by Bannana12; July 14th, 2008 at 11:52.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Bannana12 View Post
    I'm having serious problems with this release.

1st. Can't even get it to load up in the Homebrew Channel Beta 8

2nd. Channel doesn't work either.

Help, because this is the only homebrew I really like.

EDIT: I realized, I am missing an icon and a meta file. Wondering why didn't I get one; and could someone supply them for me; on Mediafire

2.7b
    take an older version that work , then copy the new file over the old one and keep the other file(icon meta...) the description will be from an older version but it will be 2.7b

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information