Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Guitarfun 2.7

Blog Entries

Rev Guitarfun 2.7

via wiibrew

Hermes has released Guitar Fun for the Wii, heres the translated info:

Good.

After a while playing with sound and graphics of the Wii (as some already know), I have taken the initiative to carry my famous program Guitarfun PC to Wii, adding some extra things, such as a MOD who played in the menu or support for the Rumble when some failures note.

The program can be controlled from two PC USB keyboards, from two Guitars (Guitar Hero 3) or from two Wiimote (with or without Nunchuck) or any combination thereof. You can use a PS2 Guitar through adapter commanded by GC (if encountered some problems with yours, send an MP to fix)

I have added some support autodetection to know who is in active command, the priority being the first player to Guitars, etc. (can also be manually select from a menu "Input Options")

Finally, as you have a nice PDF, I shall be brief here: just say that if usais a keyboard, the thing is the same as driving Frets On Fire Guitarfun or PC. With the guitar thing is done and if you have a Wiimote, it is best to connect the Nunchuck
    and select things with the cursor up / down and using A to enter the menus and B to exit (in the game to play, it would be
    Z, C, A, B + for Green, Red, Yellow, Orange and Blue, without golpeador)

The SD meteis folder 'guitarfun' package (with all its contents) in the root directory. This reader uses the DS's internal Wii.

Inside the folder 'song' you must add folders with songs in 'Frets on Fire'. You can customize the list of songs formed packs (see the PDF). You can also customize the masts and bitmap background. Again, look at the PDF

Incidentally, this is a beta that I've only tested, so we hang here for the probeis that what you and I conteis that this is going. The source, the public where appropriate under GPL v3.

Download Here and Give Feedback Via Comments

awesome homebrew
    the best on the wii so far
    add hyper speed and it will be perfect

so is there still no classic controller support?

DCEmu Newbie

Packs don't seem to work in this version. I had to place all of my songs directly into the "songs" folder.

I'm also finding that on some songs the notes don't quite sync with the music. Of course, they could just be poorly put together.

On the plus side, I'm amazed that my PS2 guitar controller works through my PS2->GC adapter. I applaud you for thinking that some people may want to play it this way.

This app really is excellent. Thank you!!! :thumbup:

I noticed the sync issues in the version before. It's not THAT major, but the notes come a TINY bit before the corresponding note in the music.

The only other 2 things bugging me are, yet again, lack of classic controller support...

and lastly, where's my fully customizable controls?

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo Maniac 64 View Post
    and lastly, where's my fully customizable controls?
    The same place your appreciation for the coders of this game is.

Issues with the sync can be fixed by you. Add 0.1 seconds or so of silence to the beginning of the OGG.

Someone posts a near perfect homebrew Guitar Hero clone for the Wii, yet people still find reasons to complain. First person to bitch about the graphics gets a punch in the face.
    Last edited by DimensionT; July 9th, 2008 at 06:04.

DCEmu Newbie

This is a great new homebrew! I hope they add support for the usb rockband guitar. That would be great! Lately the wii homebrew scene has really been growing.

DCEmu Newbie

This sounds absolutely amazing.

Can anybody confirm whether or not a PS2 Guitar with USB-Adapter is recognized?

Glad to hear the PS2/GC-Converter is working.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by DimensionT View Post
    Issues with the sync can be fixed by you. Add 0.1 seconds or so of silence to the beginning of the OGG.
    This sounds like a great idea. Can you recommend an app for doing this (preferrably freeware)?

Quote Originally Posted by jacman80
    Can anybody confirm whether or not a PS2 Guitar with USB-Adapter is recognized?
    I just so happen to have one of those, too.
    I'll try it tonight and let you know the results.
    Last edited by TechRat; July 9th, 2008 at 12:40.

Quote Originally Posted by DimensionT View Post
    The same place your appreciation for the coders of this game is.

Someone posts a near perfect homebrew Guitar Hero clone for the Wii, yet people still find reasons to complain. First person to bitch about the graphics gets a punch in the face.
    Sorry, that's what happens when someone (AKA me) commonly beta-tests software :/

EDIT: Oops, about the tiny note-music, I reversed it. The music comes .25-.5 seconds AFTER the note.
    Last edited by Nintendo Maniac 64; July 9th, 2008 at 17:27.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information