Thread: Basilisk II PSP Port (Mac Emulator for PSP) Test Release 13 12/07/08

Blog Entries

psp Basilisk II PSP Port (Mac Emulator for PSP) Test Release 13 12/07/08

Jf has posted yet another release of the Mac Emulator for the PSP, heres the release details:

Hope you're not superstitious! Here's test 13. Now uses AppleDouble format instead of B2 format on the memstick. This is the format Apple uses to write files to non-HFS format disks. In this format, you have two files for each file you see on the desktop: the first has the regular name and holds the data fork - note that this file may be 0 bytes long, but still MUST exist; the second file will have "._" prepended to the regular name and holds the finder info and resource fork. They should be in the same place - if you've gotten a zip from the 68kShrine, you'll notice both those files are present, but in different directories. I don't know why - maybe zip does that. Just copy the files into the same directory. For example, when you copy the glider files, you'll have these in the same directory:

"Glider 3.14"
    "._Glider 3.14"

Also, directories can have finder info as well, so after running this on the memstick, you'll find "._files" in the main B2 directory. That is the AppleDouble file that holds the finder info for the main directory "files/". That is normal.

I noticed there is a problem with the B2 external filesystem where it won't write to the memstick. I first noticed it on the new code, so I went back to the old and it was there as well. I added logging to the code and found it's a problem in B2, not my external filesystem. I might look into it more later.

Anyhow, see how you like this as opposed to the B2 filesystem.

Download Here and give feedback and Compatability Reports via comments.

why would someone want a mac port on their psp?......

*shudders*

DCEmu Newbie

Has anyone got this thing to work yet? I downloaded all the base files necessary and every time I load it up I just get a floppy disk icon with a question mark in it...

i cant find the rom files

test 15 is out now

Quote Originally Posted by Magimog View Post
    Has anyone got this thing to work yet? I downloaded all the base files necessary and every time I load it up I just get a floppy disk icon with a question mark in it...
    what are you on? on phat use 2/3/4 kernel not 1.5 or you get the question mark

Thread Information