Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guitarfun 2.8

Blog Entries

Rev Guitarfun 2.8

via wiibrew

Hermes has released Guitar Fun for the Wii, heres the translated info:

Good.

After a while playing with sound and graphics of the Wii (as some already know), I have taken the initiative to carry my famous program Guitarfun PC to Wii, adding some extra things, such as a MOD who played in the menu or support for the Rumble when some failures note.

The program can be controlled from two PC USB keyboards, from two Guitars (Guitar Hero 3) or from two Wiimote (with or without Nunchuck) or any combination thereof. You can use a PS2 Guitar through adapter commanded by GC (if encountered some problems with yours, send an MP to fix)

I have added some support autodetection to know who is in active command, the priority being the first player to Guitars, etc. (can also be manually select from a menu "Input Options")

Finally, as you have a nice PDF, I shall be brief here: just say that if usais a keyboard, the thing is the same as driving Frets On Fire Guitarfun or PC. With the guitar thing is done and if you have a Wiimote, it is best to connect the Nunchuck
    and select things with the cursor up / down and using A to enter the menus and B to exit (in the game to play, it would be
    Z, C, A, B + for Green, Red, Yellow, Orange and Blue, without golpeador)

The SD meteis folder 'guitarfun' package (with all its contents) in the root directory. This reader uses the DS's internal Wii.

Inside the folder 'song' you must add folders with songs in 'Frets on Fire'. You can customize the list of songs formed packs (see the PDF). You can also customize the masts and bitmap background. Again, look at the PDF

Incidentally, this is a beta that I've only tested, so we hang here for the probeis that what you and I conteis that this is going. The source, the public where appropriate under GPL v3. .

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Dammit, I'd like to know what's been updated.

DCEmu Newbie

ChangeLog:
    V2.8:
    - Fixed some minor bugs, added some extra optimization. Source Code identity (for better readability [+ laughter])
    - Added 2 new scenarios and new musicians (thanks to figu3 for his contribution), giving rise to 6 different combinations
    - It has added a new feature to pause the thread of Modplayer in sndlib (next release), because it was there eating resources to implement a silence [laughter]
    - Have been organized graphics allow the game to add graphics more easily. Now is charged as a 32-bit textures to preserve the original quality and the graphics arena have been grouped into files guitar_anim.spf and scenario.spf.
    - We have changed some other things in the operation, as some adjustments in the front entrance.
    - Full source code published. Added a new tool to convert binary files to.

found this somewhere else

DCEmu Newbie

I just tried it. Here are a few things I noticed:

- Start up is a lot faster. You get to the main menu in about half the time it took before.

- There are different "venues" that you cycle through as you play, with different graphics for the stage, score, and rock meter.

- Controller response seems to be better. I'm using a PS2 guitar with a PS2->GC adapter.

- Notes seem to sync better with the music now.

Overall it's much better than the previous version. I'd recommend it.:thumbup:

DCEmu Newbie

Custom songs are nice but the game isn't even near GH's song mechanics.

Really nice otherwise, recognized my wireless GH3 controller instantly.

DCEmu Newbie

could someone tel me how to add more songs i cant find any

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by kongsnutz View Post
    could someone tel me how to add more songs i cant find any
    This site has everything you'd ever need to know about Frets On Fire, which is what GuitarFun is based on:

http://fretsonfire.wikidot.com/

Check out their song database. There are literally hundreds of songs available.

Once you download them you need to put them in the \guitarfun\songs directory on your SD card. You can also create song "packs". Instructions for this are in the GuitarFun pdf manual (which comes with the game).

DCEmu Newbie

How are you guys booting this app? I'm trying with the HomeBrew Channel, but I can't find it on there. I tried copying everything to the root SD card, and to the Apps folder...no good either way.
    Everything else shows up on the HBC...
    Thanks

i also cant find it on the homebrew channel
    help??

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by mrsidnet View Post
    How are you guys booting this app? I'm trying with the HomeBrew Channel, but I can't find it on there. I tried copying everything to the root SD card, and to the Apps folder...no good either way.
    Everything else shows up on the HBC...
    Thanks

rename guitarfun.dol to boot.dol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information