Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rollercoaster Tycoon PSP

DCEmu Coder

Why don't you go check the project's sourceforge page instead of bumping this thread.

Some sort of progress has been made to this game. right now this project is in the pre-alpha stage. ill let everyone know when this hits the alpha stage. remember to look at my source forge project called theme park tycoon to see the recent news.

Quote Originally Posted by xuphorz View Post
    hopefully some real game makers will note this, and port them. if it were to be a download, it's be at least 200mb each.

that;s too big, so a UMD would be nicer
    its not too big if you have a 2gb or 4gb or up memory stick also if you could put it in a rar format it would clear a lil space up as well

DCEmu Newbie

I'm eagerly checking the source***e every week!

All the best jeffrey!

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Sudzi View Post
    pls tell me something about that project please

well, i think i've got the same question.

Exclamation The project is alive again

Sorry about the delay I was a high school student when i first took on the project and with the complexity of it and school i had to drop the project but now that i am out of high school and got a working PSP, (my first one died when i was replacing the sound jack, the back-light connector got broken apart,) i can now tackle the project. I will try to make it be a close port, IDK maybe ill do a look alike and feel alike but make them different. So the project is still on.

Blog Entries

you do know that a port of this to PSP and indeed any of the homebrew suporting consoles would be mega news

i love roller coaster tycoon

Unhappy Im sorry ... but i have bad news....

(as copied and edited for this fourm from my project page)
    Sorry to everyone wanting for this port... in another project that i wanted to port to the psp i come to learn a few things. here is the quick version
    1: the psp wether it is the phat or slim version to the psp sdk that is available for people like me memory is limited to 22.4mb for everything including gpu memory so that right there makes things a little more tricky
    2: due to the fact that the gpu isnt well documented by sony the gpu library is lacking where it needs to be strong.
    3: if you havent looked at the specs for the console you might not know that it doesnt have a memory manager. so that means that the memory has to be structured in code and that is not an easy task.

so there thats the quick version on what i have learned.

and then there is this fact too "due to the fact that the original game was written in assembly, it was running as fast as it could... i cant get code that optimized so it would be slower"

So until i figure out work arounds.... the project is Dead. sorry again. Happy gaming!
    also if you are interested in simpsons it and run for the android i have that project going now too so look at that project.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information